It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:08 pm
Posts: 37
Location: Bridgeview, Illinois
My wife asked What did you get? Answer: A jeep KJ the same color as my mercury outboards only metallic.
2005 Liberty Limited CRD 77000 miles: light towing to the lake with fishing boat and Antique outboard motor meets about 12 times a year.

Would like to hear from Illinois or anyone with any better suggestions or tips.
The partial to do list.
Hood struts (DONE)
Trailer hitch ball mount lock frozen (DONE)
GDE coming this week the first thing to do.
265-75-16 tires on factory rims. probably switch to 245-75-16s after suspension is taken care of Rubs when hitting bottom of the driveway fast.
2.5" Skyjacker lift: all struts and shocks shot springs sagging: replace with OLD MAN EMU SUSPENSION I'm listening!
ARB bumper W/O winch need to make cover plates to cover holes.
Clunking and Rattles: Take off trailer hitch ball mount. Start replacing all suspension bushings and work on the Rear Upper Control Arm With Ball Joint & Bushings
My mechanic Friend with lift I could use has decided to go out of business. So I will have to use my garage or the shade tree. That just sucks. some jobs I may farm those out.
Kayker2

_________________
ARB front bumper
GDE Eco tune
JBA A-Arms
2.5 JBA Coilover Silver Package
Mopar Rear A Arm
Good Year All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar 245/75R16
Samco Hoses
EGR Stage 2 Delete to install next


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:58 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
kayaker2 wrote:
My wife asked What did you get? Answer: A jeep KJ the same color as my mercury outboards only metallic.
2005 Liberty Limited CRD 77000 miles: light towing to the lake with fishing boat and Antique outboard motor meets about 12 times a year.

Would like to hear from Illinois or anyone with any better suggestions or tips.
The partial to do list.
Hood struts (DONE)
Trailer hitch ball mount lock frozen (DONE)
GDE coming this week the first thing to do.
265-75-16 tires on factory rims. probably switch to 245-75-16s after suspension is taken care of Rubs when hitting bottom of the driveway fast.
2.5" Skyjacker lift: all struts and shocks shot springs sagging: replace with OLD MAN EMU SUSPENSION I'm listening!

********* GO WITH OME 790S IN FRONT AND 948S IN THE REAR

ARB bumper W/O winch need to make cover plates to cover holes.
Clunking and Rattles: Take off trailer hitch ball mount. Start replacing all suspension bushings and work on the Rear Upper Control Arm With Ball Joint & Bushings

****WORN OUT SUSPENSION WILL CREATE PLENTY OF CREAKS ETC, ESP. SINCE YOU HAVE A SKYJACKER LIFT THAT IS RATED SAME AS STOCK GASSER SPRINGS

My mechanic Friend with lift I could use has decided to go out of business. So I will have to use my garage or the shade tree. That just sucks. some jobs I may farm those out.
Kayker2



Lift can be done in any garage or driveway as long as you have jack/jackstands etc
Take springs to shop to have them compressed, OME 790s are rated at 500 lb not the 310 lb you have now and yes go back to 245-75-16s

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:31 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
Howdy - kayaker - Welcome to LOST

check out the 'CRD....Love that torque' section
and the NOOB guide - lots of good information
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207

number one - if you haven't changed the Timing belt - you need to look at that
the book is 100K miles - but - the manufacturers - say or 6 years - you're at 10.

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:31 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:36 am
Posts: 80
Location: west Kentucky
Where about in Illinois do you live?

_________________
91 yj- 2.5L bored, cammed, ported intake,4.0tb,ford 19lb injectors,2.5 exhaust, Ax5 4.88 gears 3.5 BDSlift 33x10.5 bfg km2 lock right(front diff) 8.8 rear, sye, external slave, Durango steering box, browndog off-road mounts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:08 pm
Posts: 37
Location: Bridgeview, Illinois
Bridgeview, Illinois
Chicago (Pothole city) is just East of me That is what blew out the shocks on the skyjacker lift.
I have visited land between the lakes (Barkly and Kentucky lakes) I walked around the off road area. they require helmets there.
I Didn't go in with the S10. I just tore up furnace road a bit. Man those Shell crackers you all got down there are big!!!

ATXKJ I agree and took a good look at the 10 years and decided to put the ECU back in without the GDE tune. I will send it in after belt is changed. I do not think I can do this one. Dealer wants 1100 parts and labor Not sure about the Dealer getting the job done correctly.
kayaker2

_________________
ARB front bumper
GDE Eco tune
JBA A-Arms
2.5 JBA Coilover Silver Package
Mopar Rear A Arm
Good Year All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar 245/75R16
Samco Hoses
EGR Stage 2 Delete to install next


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com