LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=81303
Page 1 of 1

Author:  kayaker2 [ Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.

My wife asked What did you get? Answer: A jeep KJ the same color as my mercury outboards only metallic.
2005 Liberty Limited CRD 77000 miles: light towing to the lake with fishing boat and Antique outboard motor meets about 12 times a year.

Would like to hear from Illinois or anyone with any better suggestions or tips.
The partial to do list.
Hood struts (DONE)
Trailer hitch ball mount lock frozen (DONE)
GDE coming this week the first thing to do.
265-75-16 tires on factory rims. probably switch to 245-75-16s after suspension is taken care of Rubs when hitting bottom of the driveway fast.
2.5" Skyjacker lift: all struts and shocks shot springs sagging: replace with OLD MAN EMU SUSPENSION I'm listening!
ARB bumper W/O winch need to make cover plates to cover holes.
Clunking and Rattles: Take off trailer hitch ball mount. Start replacing all suspension bushings and work on the Rear Upper Control Arm With Ball Joint & Bushings
My mechanic Friend with lift I could use has decided to go out of business. So I will have to use my garage or the shade tree. That just sucks. some jobs I may farm those out.
Kayker2

Author:  tommudd [ Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.

kayaker2 wrote:
My wife asked What did you get? Answer: A jeep KJ the same color as my mercury outboards only metallic.
2005 Liberty Limited CRD 77000 miles: light towing to the lake with fishing boat and Antique outboard motor meets about 12 times a year.

Would like to hear from Illinois or anyone with any better suggestions or tips.
The partial to do list.
Hood struts (DONE)
Trailer hitch ball mount lock frozen (DONE)
GDE coming this week the first thing to do.
265-75-16 tires on factory rims. probably switch to 245-75-16s after suspension is taken care of Rubs when hitting bottom of the driveway fast.
2.5" Skyjacker lift: all struts and shocks shot springs sagging: replace with OLD MAN EMU SUSPENSION I'm listening!

********* GO WITH OME 790S IN FRONT AND 948S IN THE REAR

ARB bumper W/O winch need to make cover plates to cover holes.
Clunking and Rattles: Take off trailer hitch ball mount. Start replacing all suspension bushings and work on the Rear Upper Control Arm With Ball Joint & Bushings

****WORN OUT SUSPENSION WILL CREATE PLENTY OF CREAKS ETC, ESP. SINCE YOU HAVE A SKYJACKER LIFT THAT IS RATED SAME AS STOCK GASSER SPRINGS

My mechanic Friend with lift I could use has decided to go out of business. So I will have to use my garage or the shade tree. That just sucks. some jobs I may farm those out.
Kayker2



Lift can be done in any garage or driveway as long as you have jack/jackstands etc
Take springs to shop to have them compressed, OME 790s are rated at 500 lb not the 310 lb you have now and yes go back to 245-75-16s

Author:  ATXKJ [ Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.

Howdy - kayaker - Welcome to LOST

check out the 'CRD....Love that torque' section
and the NOOB guide - lots of good information
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207

number one - if you haven't changed the Timing belt - you need to look at that
the book is 100K miles - but - the manufacturers - say or 6 years - you're at 10.

Author:  gumbygoose [ Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.

Where about in Illinois do you live?

Author:  kayaker2 [ Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.

Bridgeview, Illinois
Chicago (Pothole city) is just East of me That is what blew out the shocks on the skyjacker lift.
I have visited land between the lakes (Barkly and Kentucky lakes) I walked around the off road area. they require helmets there.
I Didn't go in with the S10. I just tore up furnace road a bit. Man those Shell crackers you all got down there are big!!!

ATXKJ I agree and took a good look at the 10 years and decided to put the ECU back in without the GDE tune. I will send it in after belt is changed. I do not think I can do this one. Dealer wants 1100 parts and labor Not sure about the Dealer getting the job done correctly.
kayaker2

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/