It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hello and Thanks!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:46 pm
Posts: 2
Hi,

New user from the UK. I've used much vital information from the forum since I bought my Cherokee/Liberty back in November so decided it was time to join up and take part properly. I have a feeling I'm only just getting started...

2005 Cherokee/Liberty CRD 2.8 Limited Auto 78k

Jobs done
Replaced all 4 glow plugs with full metal versions from Italy. Plug 3 was dead.
Cleaned out air intake elbow and EGR valve as part of above glow plug work.
Bled air from Fuel system.
Replaced LED for CEL on instrument cluster which some helpful person (dealer?) had cut away to kill the CEL.
MAP Sensor Cleaned

Jobs still to do
Thermostat replacement - engine runs cold, rad. fan always on.
Oil and Filter change.
Fuel Filter change.
EGR Removal?
Fix cutting-out on cold issue, when stationary and in gear.

This Jeep seems to have had a harder life than I first realised when I bought it, including a replacement gearbox (it's only done 78000 miles!)

So thanks for the info so far - I'll contribute anything useful.

Cheers
Mike.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello and Thanks!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:55 am
Posts: 87
Location: Colorado
Welcome! This is a great place to learn.

_________________
2003 Sport
3.7 45rfe
LOKKA Rear locker
OME 927 NS131's
JBA top plates
JBA A-Arms
3 ring clevis
Terraflex bump stops
OME 948 extra iso N132L's
Hockey pucks
Optima Red Top
Cobra 19 4' Firefly on Tram Triple Mag Mount
MOABS W/ 245/75/16 E Duratracs
ASFIR ARMOR
Rock Lizard Super Skink's
Other Stuff................


Size 13 Carbon Foot Print


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com