LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

smoke from inlet manifold
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=81400
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Don [ Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:30 am ]
Post subject:  smoke from inlet manifold

Hi Guys
I am new to his forum and hope someone can help me
My 2005 kj 2.8CRD cut out and does not want to restart I have replaced the primer pump as it was leaking but still not starting, when cranking I saw black smoke at the air filter box. I suspected cam timing so duly stripped down the front end cam timing looks ok. Now when cranking I am getting puffs of black smoke coming out of the inlet manifold side inter cooler pipe. the engine sounds like it fires now and then but slows the crank speed down then nothing, it only fires once after pumping the primer pump then nothing. It feels like there is no air going into the intake manifold as I can only feel puffs coming out of the pipe.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/