It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 1667
I guess I am gonna go with Bazooka after Christmas. I always thought the stock front speakers were pretty loud enough on the low notes. Thanks.

_________________
NYC L.O.S.T.# 022174 -
Check out my Image CarDomain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Pics of my small system...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:18 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 153
Location: Guam
Image
The 7 inch valor flip out dvd player.
Image
Back seats will have to stay down till i get all the wiring done.
Image
My wall of subwoofers.
Image
Need more power than stock so an Excessive Amperage 200amp alternator and Optima battery was a must. Should of bought the yellow top.
More is on the way like a small lift, wheels & tires, rear locker, and 4 subs and bigger amp. If you have any questions about car audio you can
email me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Hafa adai from Guam.

_________________
06 Liberty Sport 2wd Manual 6-Speed.
Mods:
Excessive Amperage custom 200amp alternator
Yellow Top Optima Battery
RE XXX 12 subwoofer in 2.5 cubic ft slot vented box tuned to 32 hz
Earthquake PHD5000w amp
Earthquake 2 channel amp
MTX 6001 axe seperates 6 1/2 front speakers with 1" soft dome tweeters


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 3865
Location: Draper, UT
Why would you spend all the money on capacitors :?:
If the amp you want needs them to work right, maybe you should look into a better designed amp :idea:

_________________
2006 CRD http://www.UtahPowderCoatings.com/ http://www.gorecon.com/ I'm kind of a big deal.
RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:03 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 153
Location: Guam
I have no capacitors in my system. capacitors are used for a burst of electricity and once they loose all there charge they are worthless. when you car is turned off your system runs off the battery but then the vehicle is turned on the load switches to the alternator. the stock alternator was designed to handle stock components i.e. power windows, lights, power seats and so on. i noticed that when i wanted bass and turned it up (on my old kenwood woofers) it would hit pretty good then start to get weaker as the capacitor lost its charge. so i got a better battery and that didn't work so finally i bought the custom alternator and the bass hits and doesn't stop hitting.

_________________
06 Liberty Sport 2wd Manual 6-Speed.
Mods:
Excessive Amperage custom 200amp alternator
Yellow Top Optima Battery
RE XXX 12 subwoofer in 2.5 cubic ft slot vented box tuned to 32 hz
Earthquake PHD5000w amp
Earthquake 2 channel amp
MTX 6001 axe seperates 6 1/2 front speakers with 1" soft dome tweeters


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:40 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
Get better caps. We use caps on all kinds of cars to include show cars and they work just fine. You get what you pay for, mine ar $150 each so they do exactly what i need them to do.

The last Jeep we did was Harmon Industies (JBL, Infinity, H&K,etc) 5 amps, 5 IPC caps, and speakers everywhere. I toured Germany for 2 years. I cannot find any photos of it online though. Harmo Industies had a shake up last year.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:06 pm
Posts: 68
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC
Just finished the final touches with my new system. Call it a stupid decision, it makes me happy so I'll take the criticism if you give it, but I wanted an all Kenwood system.

12" 1200 watt sub
Image

2-way 180w for the rear doors
Image

Component 280w for the front
Image

4ch amp that powers the sub and the component speakers up front, the rear door speakers go through the head unit
Image

and the gem of it all is the KVT-719 Dvd with GPS Nav
Image

The ipod control is amazing, however I had to download a firmware update to run my new 160gb classic (trouble accessing music and videos) but once updated it works amazing. I can play videos from my ipod to the screen, navigate everything just as it was on the ipod itself. The DVD Navigation (internal parts from Garmin) is amazing as well. I have a cross country move coming up shortly and that is going to play big dividends. The ability to search near by stores for what you want through the menu is pretty neat, looking for golf courses, chinese food or whatever its a breeze. I'll put up some pictures here soon of the rear set up with the amp, sub/box set up. The box isn't tied down and its easy to remove if in the need of more cargo space but hopefully it won't get to that. The sound is amazing, with the componets up front driven by a separate amp i get amazing highs and mid ranges, and of course with the 12 in the back there is plenty of low. I've always liked kenwood stuff, my first cd player was a kenwood and from what I reviewed they were the ones with the best Ipod control and the only one offering the video playback through to the screen.

_________________
'06 Sport 3.7L
Full Kenwood sound w/ DVD Nav, Renny Lightbar, Jeep Roof Basket
Comming soon: 4.10 gears, Moabs, Powertrax rear, ARB Front & RL Rear bumber, JBA 6" and more


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:40 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:44 am
Posts: 1780
Location: Arizona Boy
I have a Sony XPlod IPod head unit a 2000 watt amp which I cant get a pic of cause I hid it real real good:) and a 12" Orion sub in a box that I made out of an old counter top. I have a grill over the sub now because my tools were really messing it up
Image
Image
:lol: :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pics of my small system...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
Frostednutz wrote:
Image
The 7 inch valor flip out dvd player.
Image
Back seats will have to stay down till i get all the wiring done.
Image
My wall of subwoofers.
Image
Need more power than stock so an Excessive Amperage 200amp alternator and Optima battery was a must. Should of bought the yellow top.
More is on the way like a small lift, wheels & tires, rear locker, and 4 subs and bigger amp. If you have any questions about car audio you can
email me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Hafa adai from Guam.


I am wondering but are those boxes bolted down somehow? If not you are in for a serious rude awaking if you get into an accident, loke decapitation.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com