It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 6.5 speaker in a 6.75 hole!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:20 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:10 am
Posts: 126
Location: NW, Missouri
I wanted to use my Blaupunkt 6.5's I had from previous vehicles in my Libby. Once I got the door off I realized they had 6.75 speakers in the doors. So I decided to try something and got some brackets to fit them. I used corner mending braces and zip ties. True redneck fashion!

Image

Image

Image

A friend is borrowing my dremel tool or I probably would have buzzed off the parts that jot out. Even though it doesn't look the best it works! And it was all free, can't beat that!

_________________
Mall Crawler since 1/10/09.
02 Renegade(Cactus green)-Dayton Timberline ATII's-KC fogs-LED tailgate light-K&N air filter-Boiler 3/8" shim/clevis on front, 2 extra isolators in back!
No locks, no rock, just parking blocks.

http://www.showmejeepclub.org member


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
I used the factory speaker brackets and it fit perfectly.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 1667
$10/pair at bestbuy or ebay or free with any speaker purchase from crutchfield.

_________________
NYC L.O.S.T.# 022174 -
Check out my Image CarDomain


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com