It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
There are cargo tie down loops in the floor from the factory, you can tie it down with those. a speaker box will rip the head rests off in a heavy accident. I have seen many accidents where speakers become projectiles, you should see what the body does without a seat belt. The ones you cannot show on TV.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 1667
I know the tie down loops but they are far behind the subwoofer (or front) in any case I took your advise and bought a pair of bungee tiedowns with hooks and I will get creative and get the sucker tied down properly.
I have seen the accident video (i think simulated) where the rear passanger wasnt wearing seatbelt and he caused death of other passangers yet he survived somehow..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Qhmdk4VNs

_________________
NYC L.O.S.T.# 022174 -
Check out my Image CarDomain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:46 pm
Posts: 507
Location: Boone, NC / Charleston, SC
Image

Sorry for the hazy cell phone picture, it's all I have. And it was really sunny.

My amp is bolted to the back of my subs, and I play them LOUD. The setup hasn't had a single problem in about 10 months of abuse. I'm sure that the amps are made to withstand a lot of vibratifons, even my little PowerAcoustik amp has been fine. It's not the best amp in the world, but my head would explode if it could go any louder.

Image

It's run through my Apline headunit, and my stock speakers were actually really nice, so they haven't been replaced. You can't really go wrong with placement in the back. And if you're worried about it moving around, bolt it down.

No room in the trunk, but I've been able to live with that... We were able to fit 5 people and 3 suitcases in it for spring break, haha.

_________________
2005 Patriot Blue Sport 3.7L 4WD
Alpine Headunit/2 12" Kenwood Subs/620 Watt Power Acoustik Amp
Teenage Driving/K&N Drop-In/MOPAR Tow Hooks & Skids/Debadged
BDS Coils/BDS 5500 Shocks/15x8 Cragar Soft 8's/31x10.5xR15 MTR
Teraflex Bumpstops/Rear Bumpstops/Trimmed Bumper

http://murphyman1.mybrute.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:17 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
So SBosco didn't come through with the pics? I really wanted to see the sub enclosures under the seats

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:24 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:45 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Montana (Rocky Mountain Side)
I like your final setup :D i didn't see where you ran your wires up from the front, but they were pretty easy to zip tie to the bottom of the seat. I have the huskyliner for the rear and it hides the whole setup pretty nice. My amp sucks, i mean really sucks, it used to overheat and kick off all the time, when I moved it to the back of my seat it's only kicked off maybe once and I keep it pretty well cranked.

_________________
05 o|||||||o Liberty 4x4 Patriot Blue w/Custom Black Trim
Kenwood Excellon KDC-X693 w/Alpine 500w AMP Bridged dual Alpine Subs
Frankenlift I w/Extra Isolator - ARB with Warn M8000
Goodyear Duratrac's 245/75/R16 on Cregar soft 8's, Full Skids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 1667
To those interested in hiding the wires in cargo area (even though sub hides them pretty good), I bought a huge replacement carpet at walmart for $8.88, and I was able to completely cover the cargo area, hiding all wires underneath, and still had some left to re-line the driver side and front passenger side.

_________________
NYC L.O.S.T.# 022174 -
Check out my Image CarDomain


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com