It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:15 pm
Posts: 1244
Location: SARANAC, MI
Did I see a Scion with a RAMPAGE Cd player in it?

lol.............


Don't hurt me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________
SOLD!!!
2005 Liberty Renegade
STT CustomSTUFF
4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's
245/75/16 GOODYEAR DURA TRACS


Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:23 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Oklahoma
This is what I wound up getting and I must say it's nothing short of amazing!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zTwanuOGy3 ... D5030.html

_________________
Past: 95 Dodge Neon 2.0L Stage 4 Turbo (Street Tuner) *Wrecked/Sold*
Present: 05 Jeep Liberty (KJ) 2WD 3.7L, LTT CAI, Weight Reduction, SS Ultra Lights, and many more mods

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:54 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:46 pm
Posts: 507
Location: Boone, NC / Charleston, SC
Alpine :D

_________________
2005 Patriot Blue Sport 3.7L 4WD
Alpine Headunit/2 12" Kenwood Subs/620 Watt Power Acoustik Amp
Teenage Driving/K&N Drop-In/MOPAR Tow Hooks & Skids/Debadged
BDS Coils/BDS 5500 Shocks/15x8 Cragar Soft 8's/31x10.5xR15 MTR
Teraflex Bumpstops/Rear Bumpstops/Trimmed Bumper

http://murphyman1.mybrute.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:33 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 pm
Posts: 1201
Is it just me, or do all these units look like 80's boom boxes or spaceships? I have a Pioneer in the car, it sounds good, but it looks terrible. The buttons to all of these new aftermarket units are tiny tiny. They are a major fail in the ergonomics department. How can you use these things driving? If you want to do anything besides change the volume you are screwed. They rub it in your face by giving you a remote that has only the features you need... but with more tiny buttons on some tiny remote you are likely to loose anyway. Don't they have it backwards? Put all the gee wow eq and whatever gadget controls on the remote (or accessible via USB to computer or blue tooth to a smart phone display ) and put only the controls used every day on the faceplate-- big enough that I can actually use them.

Is there a grown up head unit anywhere? Bonus points if it lets you mount SD cards or mini-SD cards and super bonus points if it plays real open (usually superior) formats like OGG and FLAC so I don't have to re-rip crap into Mp3 or some other heinous thing or use one of those mac cult overpriced "Steve Jobs is my gawd" mp-3 players ... aka IPOD.

and that is why I have the stock head unit and speakers... because the aftermarket value nowadays sucks. Maybe I will do the car pc thing to rectify this soon using a netbook and a solid state drive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:48 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Oklahoma
Pablo: I think you're looking for this one
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/headunit/
doesn't look like a space ship or an 80's boom box to me, looks more like Junk :P

_________________
Past: 95 Dodge Neon 2.0L Stage 4 Turbo (Street Tuner) *Wrecked/Sold*
Present: 05 Jeep Liberty (KJ) 2WD 3.7L, LTT CAI, Weight Reduction, SS Ultra Lights, and many more mods

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:32 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:45 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Montana (Rocky Mountain Side)
I've never had, heard, seen anyone with an eclipse hu. So guess what... now you get to provide the feedback :D. Let us know what you think, looks like you got top o' the line but I'm curious to see the full reviews.

_________________
05 o|||||||o Liberty 4x4 Patriot Blue w/Custom Black Trim
Kenwood Excellon KDC-X693 w/Alpine 500w AMP Bridged dual Alpine Subs
Frankenlift I w/Extra Isolator - ARB with Warn M8000
Goodyear Duratrac's 245/75/R16 on Cregar soft 8's, Full Skids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 pm
Posts: 1201
lil black liberty wrote:
Pablo: I think you're looking for this one
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/headunit/
doesn't look like a space ship or an 80's boom box to me, looks more like Junk :P


Yeah, its junk, but that is from 2006. We should have better "junk" by now. My smart phone does more stuff than most of these head units (and some laptops) it is 1/10 the size of them and around 400 bucks. So add the cost of an amp to that and I should be able to get something around $500-600 that is turn key.

I was looking here last night:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/

Lots of neat "junk" but little in the way of turn key finished "junk". The ones that do exist are grossly overpriced. I guess this will be one of my future projects...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:15 pm
Posts: 1244
Location: SARANAC, MI
does no one here remember rampage head units?

_________________
SOLD!!!
2005 Liberty Renegade
STT CustomSTUFF
4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's
245/75/16 GOODYEAR DURA TRACS


Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:43 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Oklahoma
Yeah actually I do StumpJumper Audiovox made them...

_________________
Past: 95 Dodge Neon 2.0L Stage 4 Turbo (Street Tuner) *Wrecked/Sold*
Present: 05 Jeep Liberty (KJ) 2WD 3.7L, LTT CAI, Weight Reduction, SS Ultra Lights, and many more mods

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:10 am
Posts: 643
Location: Virginia Beach
Nice choice on the Eclipse. I've known a few people that have owned Eclipse head units, speakers and amps. The quality is really good. The sound from the systems I heard was also very good.

_________________
Originally Posted by m_volyrakis
"I recently removed my girlfriend.
Although this mode didn't affect my ground clearance, it drastically improved my off-road capabilities!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:50 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Posts: 762
Location: Oklahoma
Okay the Eclipse is just plain bad out.. had to do some custom wiring though because my original harness wouldn't fit the eclipse but it only took 15 mins.. Anyways the EQ is perfect and I get great bass response, then not only to mention that but the FM is so crystal clear it's like being right in the radio station while it's broadcasting... Not to mention the Ipod function is just simply amazing... I can't wait to deck this out with a set of Infinity Kappa Perfects in the doors..

_________________
Past: 95 Dodge Neon 2.0L Stage 4 Turbo (Street Tuner) *Wrecked/Sold*
Present: 05 Jeep Liberty (KJ) 2WD 3.7L, LTT CAI, Weight Reduction, SS Ultra Lights, and many more mods

If I don't stir the pot then no body will and the world would be boring, watch this guy for extreme sarcasm though :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com