| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| aftermarket speakers http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=16397 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Hood297 [ Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | aftermarket speakers |
I have an alpine HU that puts out 45W x 4 channels. i have blown my driver side front speaker. im intrested in replacing four of the six speakers to one that can handle the power and give better sound. when i say four of the six i mean front driver, front passenger, rear passenger, rear driver ( in the doors), but not the small ones in the dash. |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thats cool! Thanks for telling us! |
|
| Author: | Hood297 [ Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
sorry i didnt mention that i know little about car stereo, im asking what brands and what size speakers i would need... any options would be appreciated, also id like to know the cheapest/most exspensive speakers are on the market |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The factory speakers are pretty "boomy" so when you replace all of the door speakers you're going to lose a little bit of bass. I am almost certain that the stock door speakers are all 6.5." Take a visit over to www.crutchfield.com They have a vehicle fitment guide online that can display what will fit and what wont fit your vehicle without any modifcations. Personally - I've liked Infinity Kappa speakers and Pioneer stuff but just make some comparisons between the different one you like and then come ask any remaining questions you have. Note worthy facts: You will not be able to see the speakers behind the stock door panels so do not spend too much thought on astehtics. |
|
| Author: | WesKer [ Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | hey |
not to hijack the thread but.....Do you know what the factory speakers are? My passenger side front speaker blew and I want to replace it. I was thinking about just getting the same factory one but I don't know what it is. (not much of an audio guy either) Thanks |
|
| Author: | WesKer [ Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Never mind I found out they are Infinitys thanks though |
|
| Author: | Donkeykong [ Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
As far as sizing the factory speakers, whoever said crutchfield.com would be the most accurate answer. As far as brand of speakers.... I personally think that JL and Infinity make great speakers, but there was something about boston acoustic on the jeep website.... maybe there is a new deal with the jeeps and BA.... -Mark |
|
| Author: | Weegie5 [ Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
WesKer wrote: Never mind I found out they are Infinitys thanks though
I have nothing to go on other than my gut, but I have a hard time believing the stock speakers on all Libertys are Infinitys. That might be the case for the Limiteds, but I don't think the sound quality in my 05 Sport is Infinity-good (though I've been wrong before). How do you know this? |
|
| Author: | WesKer [ Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | hey |
oh I just googled 02 jeep liberty limited review (which is what I have) and it came up with reviews of it including all the specs, and it said infinity speakers so ya just do some googling and it should eventually come up hope it helps |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Donkeykong wrote: As far as sizing the factory speakers, whoever said crutchfield.com would be the most accurate answer.
As far as brand of speakers.... I personally think that JL and Infinity make great speakers, but there was something about boston acoustic on the jeep website.... maybe there is a new deal with the jeeps and BA.... -Mark The new Wk's have BA. I believe the new JK's also have BA. I used MTX rear speakers. Ive not changed out the front b/c the amp is mounted to the front speakers. If you have the Premium system, you must change out the front speakers along with the tweeters. You may also need to re wire the rear speakers. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|