| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| trying to figure out my options http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=17442 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | dgeist [ Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | trying to figure out my options |
I'm trying to get a pc-based audio system integrated into my 05 libby but I want everything to be integrated with the steering-wheel controls, etc, just like it was designed that way. I don't really want extra panels, buttons, screens, etc if I don't need them. I found the car2pc http://www.car2pc.com product and think it'll suit the task. Writing the software on the PC side should be easy enough, but the problem is the stock equipment I have: - in-dash 6-disk changer - factory sirius reciever I know that the car2pc unit is supposed to interface with a chrysler 10-pin header on the head unit, but I'm not sure if this is a full PCI-bus interface or just a cd-changer plug. Regardless, I also don't know if the sirius tuner AND an external accessory can be used at the same time. Anyone with experience doing something similar want to offer some tidbits of info? Dan |
|
| Author: | billforde [ Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Have you checked out http://www.mp3car.com? I did the carpc thing for a while, till i got sick of the boot times. |
|
| Author: | unixxx [ Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Are you going to install a display or is your goal to run everything through the radio and steering wheel controls? You can actually have two seperate audio sources if you install a multiplex splitter. We had to install one in our Ram in order to use UConnect and Sirius simultaneously. There's a good diagram on the setup here: http://www.wjjeeps.com/sirius/sirius_diag.jpg and more information here: http://www.wjjeeps.com/sirius/sirius.htm If you know electronics you could also build an Elm adapter for under $40. I managed to sniff the steering wheel control codes; any computer should be able to read them with a simple serial port program. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|