| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Ok, will an 04 EVIC work in a '03 Liberty? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=20505 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | csukoh78 [ Mon May 07, 2007 8:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Ok, will an 04 EVIC work in a '03 Liberty? |
Sorry, but I cannot find a definitive answer on this. I have the 2004 Evic and a 2003 Lib. I was under the impression that the 04 was the BEST one to get because it was compatible with all. Please, if you are experienced in this, chime in |
|
| Author: | unixxx [ Tue May 08, 2007 12:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ok, will an 04 EVIC work in a '03 Liberty? |
A different temperature sensor was introduced in 2004 and a different TPMS was introduced in 2005. It seems as though 2002-2003 EVICs are interchangeable, 2004 EVICs aren't interchangeable, and 2005-2007 EVICs are interchangeable. Check out this page in the Jeep Liberty Wikibook: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Jeep_Liber ... d_Consoles csukoh78 wrote: Sorry, but I cannot find a definitive answer on this. I have the 2004 Evic and a 2003 Lib. I was under the impression that the 04 was the BEST one to get because it was compatible with all.
Please, if you are experienced in this, chime in |
|
| Author: | Jeep4me99 [ Thu May 10, 2007 9:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I just got an ambient temp thingy for my 2003 KJ with a 2002 otis, the temp reading is still -31. I asked for the 03 temp sensor and they gave me one they had in stock. I believe it is the newer temp sensor, could this be why it isn't working???? Any insight??? |
|
| Author: | unixxx [ Thu May 10, 2007 11:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I just looked a little further.... The ambient temperature sensor is the same part for every model year. It connects directly to the PCM in 2004-2006 years. How does it connect in 2003? |
|
| Author: | Jeep4me99 [ Fri May 11, 2007 7:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
unixxx wrote: I just looked a little further.... The ambient temperature sensor is the same part for every model year. It connects directly to the PCM in 2004-2006 years. How does it connect in 2003?
There is a wiring harness that runs up in front of the radiator....here is the link, towards the bottom it shows the harness. http://theblakbox.com/lost/evic/ I was thinking last night that maybe I need to unplug the negative cable from the battery for a couple minutes to reset everything....hmmmmmm |
|
| Author: | unixxx [ Sat May 12, 2007 12:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The EVIC displays the last recorded average temperature until the vehicle has been running long enough to calculate a new average. Try driving around for five minutes to see if the average updates from -31. |
|
| Author: | Jeep4me99 [ Sat May 12, 2007 9:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
unixxx wrote: The EVIC displays the last recorded average temperature until the vehicle has been running long enough to calculate a new average. Try driving around for five minutes to see if the average updates from -31.
thats what I read somewhere, and yesterday I was driving around, looked up...and there was the temperature....a hot 88 degrees!!!! i love problems that aren't really problems and don't cost any $$$ |
|
| Author: | csukoh78 [ Thu May 24, 2007 12:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I now have an 02 GC Evic in my 03 Lib. What temp sensor should I be looking for?? What year? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|