| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Installing an EVIC. HELP! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=20913 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jrh955 [ Mon May 21, 2007 11:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | Installing an EVIC. HELP! |
I found an EVIC for pretty cheap on Ebay and am looking to install it on my 2006 Sport. The EVIC came with all the connectors I need to do the install. When I pulled the factory map lights out it was just clipped to the headliner and nothing else. The EVIC has the pressure clips that would clip into some sort of bracket that doesn’t seem to be there. If anyone has installed one I was wondering how they held it in place with no receivers for the pressure clips? |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Mon May 21, 2007 12:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have seen this problem before. 2005 and earlier kjs came with a black plastic bracket above the headliner that the maplights clip into with the same sort of clips as your EVIC has. The newer ones have different maplights that just clip on the headliner and no bracket. Unfortunatly, you will need to get one of those bracket and put it up there. i really dont know any more then this, sorry. There are some others on here that pretty much know everything about EVICs, so they might chime in. If i remember correctly, its quite difficult to get that bracket up in there as it is larger than the hole you need to make in the headliner. I think that you might have to drop the headliner to install it. Thankfully for me and my 02 liberty, the install was very easy, as I have the bracket in question...good luck! |
|
| Author: | jrh955 [ Tue May 22, 2007 2:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks I was hoping for an easier fix guess I should have looked before I bought the EVIC. |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Tue May 22, 2007 5:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Dont give up! I could be completely wrong... Like I said there are some on here that know just about everything there is to know about EVICs. |
|
| Author: | chetos [ Wed May 23, 2007 10:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I am at work right now but go to the how to section at Kj country. There is a huge write up there and also the part number for the plastic piece that holds your evic in. All you do is pull your visors off and slip the bracket through the headliner there then I used some self tapping screws and heavy duty 2x 3m tape. The hole for your evic is way too small to try to put the bracket through. |
|
| Author: | jrh955 [ Thu May 24, 2007 2:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
thanks so much guys I am going to order the bracket today and put it in this weekend I hope. |
|
| Author: | Neatus [ Thu May 24, 2007 6:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jrh955 What are the part numbers on your connectors for your EVIC? I need to buy those. |
|
| Author: | Boi1ermaker [ Thu May 24, 2007 8:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Bracket part number: 5072348AA should be about $25 from the dealership. Chetos has the install basically covered....there may be other ways to get the bracket in, but i had to pull the headliner down a little by taking off the driver's side sun visor. I used 3m 2 sided tape to attach the bracket to the roof. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|