| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Garmin streetpilot c330 http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=23202 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | libbygreen [ Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Garmin streetpilot c330 |
Does anyone have one in their jeep. If so, can it be mounted on windshield low enough with the enclosed windshield bracket that the unit will pretty much rest on dashboard? Anyone one have pics of their install? Thanks |
|
| Author: | JMLoughrey [ Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I had the Garmin spc340 for a couple months before i traded up to the nuvi350. You can use the supplied windsheild mounting and have it sit just about even on your dashboard. For that unit, i used it in the lower left hand corned of the windsheild. worked out wonderfullly |
|
| Author: | Jeger [ Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just got one last weekend ourselves. And yes it will work. Sorry no pics though. Havnt tried it on the left yet but it may move there eventually. It will get you big time turned around on the backroads of KY. There are lots of little roads that dont go anywhere anymore LOL. It tried to take us over a few mountaintops that once we got up there it turned to gravel....then dirt....then narrow 2 track, then 4 wheeler/motorcycle trails. We just turned around and it recalculated the route for us. Its really nice on poorly marked twisty roads at night...lets you see each little turn that is coming up. |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Has anyone hard wired thier Garmin? The car charger that comes with the unit has a built in IC chip. I'm just wondering if you did hard wire it if you included the IC chip with it. |
|
| Author: | pixeldzn [ Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Maximum Carnage wrote: Has anyone hard wired thier Garmin? The car charger that comes with the unit has a built in IC chip. I'm just wondering if you did hard wire it if you included the IC chip with it.
An easy way to hardwire things like that is to bury a cigarette lighter port behind the dash. That way you retain the IC chip and don't have to cut any wires. This is how I have my XM wired up. Real cheap and easy to get one at Radio Shack. |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
pixeldzn wrote: An easy way to hardwire things like that is to bury a cigarette lighter port behind the dash. That way you retain the IC chip and don't have to cut any wires.
This is how I have my XM wired up. Real cheap and easy to get one at Radio Shack. That is exactly what I was thinking of doing. I was wondering if anyone else has done something different. This is probably the easiest way to do it, I have extra cigarette ports laying around. I bought an extra charger that way if I'm on a different vehicle I still have the charger without having to pull my dash apart. Thanks |
|
| Author: | Cowcatcher [ Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I just bought GPS for my Dell Axim. I was running it on the right with the power hanging down the dash to the power plug but I chnaged it tonight. I have it on the left now and ran the spring cord down the left of the instrument panel and to a lighter socet I just installed on the back side of the knee bolster. If I want to pull the mount and cord it is easy to drop the bolster and pull the plug. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|