| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Wiring harness and satelite antenna http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=23988 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | vanvan [ Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | Wiring harness and satelite antenna |
I am a new Liberty owner and new to this site, so please bear with me. I want to install a 4 prong wiring harness that is available from E-trailer.com. It is the T-One wiring harness. It has pre wired plugs on the ends of the harness. Where on the Liberty do I access the pre installed plugs to use with this harness? Also, is the satelite antenna that is mounted on the roof at the back of the Liberty hard wired in or is it just a transmitter. When I carry my kayak on the roof, it interferes with the signal and I wanted to move the antenna to the corner of the roof. Thanks |
|
| Author: | struggle07 [ Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
For the trailer wiring, you just remove your tail lights and unplug them. The connector that plugged into the tail light will plug into your new trailer harness and the trailer harness will plug into the tail light. Make sure you get the left connectors on the left light and the right on the right light. It is possible to do it backwards (I did it). As far as the satellite, I can't be sure. Is it factory installed or aftermarket? I am pretty sure that there has to be a wire(s), but that doesn't mean you can't move it. Most satelite antennas are really low profile. Is your kayak resting on the roof and just being secured to roof bars? |
|
| Author: | vanvan [ Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thank you. The satelite antena is not interfering with the kayak, the kayak is interfering with the satelite signal. It is low profile and came with the vehicle. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|