| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Sub Install-How to get a RCA signal from factory head unit? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=24669 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Donkeykong [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Sub Install-How to get a RCA signal from factory head unit? |
I have a perfectly good 10" JL W-0 sub sitting on the shelf in my garage. Now that I have a trailer hitch and access to a trailer I feel that it's okay to sacrifice some trunk room for the sub box, the problem is that I want to keep my factory head unit if possible, but I need to get a RCA signal from the factory head unit. Granted I have a decent after-market CD player at my disposal, I don't really want the hassle of installing it, and to add, I like the look of the factory receiver in the dash. Does anyone have a simple solution for getting a RCA signal out of a factory head unit, or do I have to run one of the little boxes that converts speaker wire to RCA signal? Thanks! -Mark |
|
| Author: | SoDakJeep [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
one of them little boxes hahah |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If it's a JL Audio amp (Slash or A series) you don't need an LOC, you just splice an RCA onto the speaker outs of the deck. If you don't want to deal with cutting up an RCA cable, you can use one of these: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_connections_detail.php?cat_id=5 |
|
| Author: | Donkeykong [ Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The amp is not a JL, I think that it's a power acoustic, either way, I will probably end up splicing in one of the little boxes... doesn anyone konw what they are called? -Mark |
|
| Author: | struggle07 [ Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
As SoDakJeep said, its a line output converter (LOC, sometimes). |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|