LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

LED BULBS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25776
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Rush345 [ Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:19 am ]
Post subject:  LED BULBS

I have found on line a supplier of LED light bulbs for cars and truck along with other light bulbs. After using both factory shop manual and owners manual. I came up with this list.

Backup Lamps (White) Qty 2 Bulb type 3157 P27/7W
Center High Mounted stop lamp (RED) Qty 1 Blub type 921/W16W
Fog Lamp (White) Qty 2 Bulb type 9145
Front Park/Turn Lamp (Amber) Qty 2 Bulb type 3157 P27/7W
Front Side Marker Lamps (Amber) Qty 2 Bulb type 168
Rear Stop/Tail Lamp (RED) Qty 4 Bulb Type 3157 P27/7W
Rear Turn Signal Lamp (Amber) Qty 2 Bulb Type 3157 P27/7W

On the website for: Superbrightled.com They go further to say for some situation a different flasher relay is required. But when asked said they do not know and cannot supply information as to if you need them or not.
So if any of you guys who are mechanicly inclined, check out the website look at my list and any knowledge on this subject please let me know. I figured since I already have PIAA's and I'm looking at some driving light cowel monut like a Renegade on this forum. Why not go the whole 9 yards and have great lighting from front to back. Thanks 8)

Author:  jwalker [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Rush...

I am curious about the 3157's for the rear turn signal.

the manual says use 3757. This is an almost non existent bulb to find. The only difference I see in the is the insertion tabs. But the ones on the 3157 can be "whittled" off, and they fit the light socket perfectly.

Do you know if using the 3157 in place of the 3757 would be a problem?

Author:  bugnout [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

jwalker,

You won't get a response from Rush. Sadly he passed away recently. maybe someone else will know the answer.

Author:  jinstall [ Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Rear turn signals should be a 56 series bulb as it has on element and not 2 like in the 57 series. I have a complete rear LED conversion. To include the fasf flasher mode as I cannot find a replacement flasher unit.

Author:  SBosco [ Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

I remember stumbling upon adjustable flasher units a while back. They were initially designed for imports and motorcycles but I'm sure they are pretty universal.

Author:  riptricket [ Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

the led bulbs are not that great. Just go to amazon and get the led tail lights and third brake light. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

Author:  HoppedUpOnGoofballs [ Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

riptricket wrote:
the led bulbs are not that great. Just go to amazon and get the led tail lights and third brake light. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!


..But the LED bulbs are cheaper and look better.. :P

Author:  riptricket [ Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:35 am ]
Post subject: 

I have tried them, and through the lens of our (my old) back tail lights, I saw no difference. The tent on the light is too much to make any distance.

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Has anyone checked out the LED bulbs on Al's site? They are $50 a piece. :shock:

Where did you get all the bulbs jinstall? I wouldnt mind changing over my brake lights to LED...

Author:  jinstall [ Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

http://autolumination.com/

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just put in LED bulbs in mine

I went with the T25 SMT Tower 30 LED bulbs in Super White, Red and Amber respectively, they were 20 bucks a piece, went in without any hitch what so ever

Now to resolve the fast flash on the turn signals

has anyone acquired a replacement flasher successfully ?

Author:  riptricket [ Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

You should take some video for everyone else!

Author:  riptricket [ Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

These are the pics of my backup's with my LED taillights
Image

Author:  4WheelAholic [ Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

For flasher problems get yourself a load resistor. Here is a link

http://www.catoctinoffroad.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LED_Resistors

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

i'll get a load resistor, but they do make LED accommodating flasher relays which would be the more appropriate solution

Author:  4WheelAholic [ Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
i'll get a load resistor, but they do make LED accommodating flasher relays which would be the more appropriate solution


I agree...you just gotta find one that works for the KJ. The nice thing about the load resistor is that it's universal. I'd do the relay too if you can find one.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm lookin, and got someone else lookin who i think might actually know which one to get

I'll be sure to post where it came from and what type etc it was should i get one that works



actually if i had the Pin-out for our flasher i'd probably be able to find it myself, kinda brain dead at the minute tho :lol:

Author:  4WheelAholic [ Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

It doesn't look like your gonna find one. I looked in my factory repair manual and found we have a Hazard Switch/Combination Flasher. I did some digging and found the following (Looks like load resistor it is)

COMBINATION FLASHER
The combination flasher for this model is integral to the hazard switch located in the center of the instrument panel, just above the radio. The combination flasher is a smart relay that functions as both the turn signal system and the hazard warning system flasher. The combination flasher contains active electronic Integrated Circuitry (IC) elements. This flasher is designed to handle the current flow requirements of the factory-installed lighting. If supplemental lighting is added to the turn signal lamp circuits, such as when towing a trailer with lights, the combination flasher will automatically try to compensate to keep the flash rate the same.

The combination flasher cannot be repaired or adjusted and, if faulty or damaged, the hazard switch unit must be replaced.

The combination flasher has the following inputs and outputs: fused B(+), fused ignition switch output, right turn signal sense, left turn signal sense, and one output each for the right and left turn signal circuits. The combination flasher also receives an internal input through the closed contacts of the hazard switch and, on vehicles equipped with the optional Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) , the flasher receives an input from the Body Control Module (BCM) in order to flash the turn signal lamps as an optical alert feature of that system. Constant battery voltage is supplied to the flasher so that it can perform the hazard warning function, and ignition switched battery voltage is supplied for the turn signal function. The Integrated Circuit (IC) within the combination flasher contains the logic that controls the flasher operation and the flash rate. The IC receives separate sense ground inputs from the multi-function switch for the right and left turn signals, and from the hazard switch contacts or the BCM for the hazard warning signals. A special design feature of the combination flasher allows it to sense that a turn signal circuit or bulb is not operating, and provide the driver an indication of the condition by flashing the remaining bulbs in the affected circuit at a higher rate (120 flashes-per-minute or higher). Conventional flashers either continue flashing at their typical rate (heavy-duty type), or discontinue flashing the affected circuit entirely (standard-duty type).

Because of the active electronic elements within the combination flasher, it cannot be tested with conventional automotive electrical test equipment. If the combination flasher is believed to be faulty test the turn signal and hazard warning system. Then replace the hazard switch with a known good unit to confirm system operation.

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1yn ... Html7uLq&D

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

I may have found them, we will see

apparently tj's and kj's of the same year spans 02-07 and 01-06 use the same flasher relay, if this is indeed the case then i very well may have found the solution

at the same time, you may still be correct!

Author:  4WheelAholic [ Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:04 am ]
Post subject: 

Let me know..I wonder if the 03 and 04 are different in that aspect...would be neat to find out.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/