| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Pioneer stereo help http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27785 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | sandman [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | Pioneer stereo help |
I purchased a new stereo for my wife for christmas. I'm installing it in her 2004 KJ. Here's what I bought. Pioneer DEH-P2900MP Tuner, CD-IB100II Ipod Interface controller, Scosche CR02B Chrysler harness, Meitra antenna works antenna adapter 40-CR10 and an American International CD-K640 Mounting kit. A few questions, it been a long time since I installed car audio. Do I have everything I need? Are the plates/harness the correct ones? I'd hate to tear the dash appart to find I have the wrong stuff. When I picked up the harness and mounting kit the "install guy" told me I didnt need the CD-IB100II controller and I could just use a IP-Bus cable. Is this correct? If just using the cable I assume the IPOD would not charge from the car battery? How difficult is this install going to be? Anyone have links/pics to removing the factory radio? Id like to do this over the weekend, she already knows she's getting it. Any and all help appreciated. Thanks |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
they are super easy to install I just installed a Kenwood w/ IPOD connections and it only took me about 20 min, I would have been done sooner but I had to cut some plastic outta my way so I could fit the IPOD cable |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
heres how you remove your stock stereo: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25614 ya it sounds like you have everything, when I installed mine i found it easiest to put the ebrake on and shift it to 1 or 2 gear on an automatic so that you will have more room |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|