| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Power window won't go down http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28164 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | barnjeff [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Power window won't go down |
I have a 2002 liberty. The other day I rolled down my window to talk to my brother and rolled it backup then immediately went to roll it down and it wouldn't roll down. When I turn the key to the acc. and listen I can hear the motor and see the lights dim when I push up. When I push down I hear nothing no motor noise no lights dimming. Does anybody have any ideas on how to check my switch? I know that the physical connection is happening at the switch but I am not sure what to test as far as the wires go. I would hate to buy a switch and have it be the motor for the window. Also does anybody have the Mopar part number for the switch? When I called parts they needed the last 8 of my VIN# is there something I need to be aware of when I am looking for a new switch. |
|
| Author: | MiniDevil [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
They like to get VINs to make sure they give you the 'correct' part. The guys who work in the parts departments aren't exactly Jeep-A-Holics, so they want to be sure from your VIN that they have everything correct. Also, replacement parts usually require a VIN, whereas Mopar accessories dont need a VIN to look up because they are in the catalog. |
|
| Author: | barnjeff [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
MiniDevil wrote: They like to get VINs to make sure they give you the 'correct' part. The guys who work in the parts departments aren't exactly Jeep-A-Holics, so they want to be sure from your VIN that they have everything correct. Also, replacement parts usually require a VIN, whereas Mopar accessories dont need a VIN to look up because they are in the catalog.
That is nice to know. I was thinking that halfway through production they changed something on the switch so if I were to go to a junk yard I would run into problems. |
|
| Author: | MiniDevil [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I know some switches have green illuminators in them, while some don't. Thats about it. My dad has an 07 and me an 03... pretty much identical. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|