| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Metra Amplified Antenna http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=28948 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | RogueCRD [ Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Metra Amplified Antenna |
I want to replace the ugly stock antenna so I bought Metra's Universal Amplified Antenna. This one: http://www.audiooutfitter.com/44ua200/metra/p69850.html On the back of the box it says the antenna needs a switched 12v power source and a ground. I'm going to mount it above the rearview mirror in the dot matrix. Is there anything nearby that I can ground the antenna to easily? The most important thing i need to do is find power for the antenna. Can I splice into something to get power? Possibly the radio? Also, is there anyway to change the lighter from always-on to switch-on? I know absolutely nothing about electronics, so any help is appreciated. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|