LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Electric gauge installation-wiring question
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=29907
Page 1 of 1

Author:  MACKJ [ Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:40 am ]
Post subject:  Electric gauge installation-wiring question

Hi,
I need some help to identify the wiring around the steering column so I can tap into the follow cables;
1. A switched power source
2. A dimmer switch cable from the headlights stalk ,that is, the 12V supply sent from the stalk to the headlights

This will allow me to power up the gauges and dim them at night as they're digital and pretty bright.

I really am an amateur electrician so any ideas would be greatly appreciated, especially wire numbers or colors?? :D

Author:  tjkoen01 [ Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:02 am ]
Post subject: 

For the switched power feed, I'd suggest using an "add a circuit" power tap that you install in your fuse block. I like to use the radio circuit so the gages will work when you have the accessories on. The circuit for the back light is a little trickier. I spliced into the the illumination feed to my stereo to power some small interior lights that I installed in my foot wells. They dim with the lights on the dash.

Author:  MACKJ [ Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

tjkoen01 wrote:
For the switched power feed, I'd suggest using an "add a circuit" power tap that you install in your fuse block. I like to use the radio circuit so the gages will work when you have the accessories on. The circuit for the back light is a little trickier. I spliced into the the illumination feed to my stereo to power some small interior lights that I installed in my foot wells. They dim with the lights on the dash.

Thanks tjkoen01, I'll have a closer look.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/