LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Rear grounding point
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=30640
Page 1 of 1

Author:  isutherl [ Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Rear grounding point

I need a good place to ground in the rear cargo area, does anyone know of one?

Author:  jinstall [ Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Left or right side there are several already there.

Author:  isutherl [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:03 am ]
Post subject: 

The only one I can find is the huge "reverse torx" Nut that hols the seat bracket, but I don't have a wrench to work on it, all the other seat bolts won't allow enough amps to pass through.

Author:  isutherl [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:07 am ]
Post subject: 

jinstall wrote:
Left or right side there are several already there.


This does not help too much, can you be more specific?

Author:  Frostednutz [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:03 am ]
Post subject: 

the huge torx nut you need a deep socket... the torx for the seat belt top bracket behind the flip down plastic is size 45 :) just clear some paint from under the flap that comes up in the rear, drill a hole and bolt the ground in... all i did was clear paint and used 3 self taping screws.

Author:  omGoddard [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:13 am ]
Post subject: 

Searched for one forever last night. Flip the back seats forward. I used the large bolt in the middle of the seats.

Author:  Frostednutz [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:51 am ]
Post subject: 

even if you use the bolt you should still remove a little paint to get a little more metal to metal contact to create a good ground.

Author:  isutherl [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:32 am ]
Post subject: 

I just sanded down an area under the carpet and drilled a hole and sunk a bolt in, works fine.

Author:  jinstall [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

I used the one next to the rear tail lights. Very easy to get to.

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

I believe I grounded my trailer lights behind the paneling on the passenger side. Works out great. :)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/