| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| New Tweeter question http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=30642 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | New Tweeter question |
If you replaced your system with a component system and could not put the new tweeters in the stock location, where did you put yours? Pics? |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
IF I had not put the tweeters in the OEM location then they would have been mounted in the A-Pillar. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Did yours fit in the OEM location or did you have to do some mods? I just got the Polk component system (still in UPS' hands right now though) and Crutchfield said the tweeters won't fit in the stock location. |
|
| Author: | Frostednutz [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
if they are to small then make a bracket out of thin wood. tweeters don't need much reinforcement. that or do that i did.
just drill small hole then attach tweeter |
|
| Author: | tjkoen01 [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have a set of Alpine's that I have mounted in the factory location. I was strapped for materials at the time so I took the factory tweeter and gutted it. I cut the magnet supports off so I was left with a somewhat round hole to mount the aftermarket tweeter in. It worked well. |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I used metal strapping with holes in it. Any car stereo shop will have it and a good hardware store should have it. Great stuff. |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The factory location is the #1 worse location from and audiophile standpoint. That being said, plumbing strap will do fine for the job. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Where would be the ideal location for tweeters, in the KJ? |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
JL Rockies wrote: The factory location is the #1 worse location from and audiophile standpoint. That being said, plumbing strap will do fine for the job.
There is a fine line between security and sound. No car audio system can compare to a properly setup home system. I have heard and built $100,000 systems and when you have a demo car then security is not an issue(sometimes). Securing a DD is different. You have to find a middle ground. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Okay, I am just stressed on this. Crutchfield said I would need either a T-20 torx or 5mm to get the window trim (oh crap handles) screws out. It later says I will need the 5mm socket since I have a 2004. Well, someone is completely wrong or Renegades are special. I find out that, after trying 5mm, 6mm, 1/4, 3/8 (I went and bought nut driver sets to do this since you can not get a standard 3/8" drive socket set that deep into the handles), that the size is 7/32" just by oddly getting one screw out using the 6mm after a lot of headache and near stripping, then taking the screw to all of my sockets and finding the 7/32" fitting. Well, like I said, you can not get a standard socket in there. Too deep. I have to find a nut driver that size now. The SAE set I bought did not have that size. I'll work on this when I get back from my trip. Spent too much time trying to figure this screw size out. I have to get my place cleaned up and packed for my trip. I did get the Head unit in last night. Kenwood Excelon KDC-X492(USB/Aux in front, XM & Sirius - ready) |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
2006 used a deep well 5 or 6mm 1.4 drive socket and worked like a champ. |
|
| Author: | Frostednutz [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yea them little sensored word are a pain |
|
| Author: | sqliberty [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
JL Rockies wrote: The factory location is the #1 worse location from and audiophile standpoint. That being said, plumbing strap will do fine for the job.
Although it's not ideal, the stock location is just fine. I have won alot of sound quality competitions with my tweeters there. I cut and modified the OEM speaker cage to hold my tweeters.
|
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Not on my 06 as it was plastic one piece holding the tweeter. |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Can someone post some more pictures of this... I know I've got the horrid Infinity system and all, but I really want to get a new pair of tweeters |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|