| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Where to mount 4 channel amp? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=30744 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | mtnbikermatt [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Where to mount 4 channel amp? |
I have the infinity system in my jeep with a sony deck, well finnally i blew the speakers so i will be putting a 4 channel in this weekend. since i do not want to cut the factory harness up i will be running new wire to all of the speakers.... fun! my question is , where have you guys mounted your amps, i really do not want to mount it on the back of the seat because i fold my seats down all the time thanks -matt |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The OEM Amp is mounted under the driver's seat |
|
| Author: | Frostednutz [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
inside the plastic of the tailgate... i plan on doing this to make more room for my 4 subs |
|
| Author: | shaggy591a [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have my 4 channel and 1 channel mono amps mounted to the back of the back seat. I had to remove the child seat hooks on the back to mount them though. I plan on mounting another 4 channel on there as well to power the rest of my speakers. I have a total of 12. |
|
| Author: | mtnbikermatt [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I forgot to mention that i have an 06, meaning that the factory amps are mounted to the speakers in the front doors. the amp i am putting in is a mtx 740x and it is too big to put under the front seat, i think i will mount it in the back on the left side, it would be too much of a pain to run all the wires thru the rear tailgate gromett |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Everything is mounted to the sub box in my KJ. caps, sub control, amps etc. |
|
| Author: | VTNomad [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Amp |
I'd really like to find an amp that fit under the front seat. I use my cargo area with the rear seats folded down frequently, and I frequently carry 4 passengers. So that rules out the cargo area and under the rear seats. My navigation brains are under the drivers seat, so this leaves under the front passenger seat as my only option. My seats are manual, I imagine power seats have less room under them. I might eventually put a shallow-mount sub under the rear seat, drivers side. Mounting one inside the tailgate is a pretty interesting idea. Running the power wire from the battery all the way back there wouldn't be a problem. But seeing how there is only one way in to the tailgate, and therefore one way out of the tailgate, how would you run your speaker wires from the amp to the speakers without running them parallel with to your power wire? Running them parallel to your power wire would create massive interference. You're not supposed to cross your power wire with the speaker wires, and if you do have to coss it, you're supposed to do so at 90 degree angles. Running wires to and from the tailgate, your speaker wires would be parallel to the power wire for at least 2-3 feet. The Blaupunkt THA475PnP is the only amp I've found that looks remotely close to fitting under a front seat. Here's a link to the product page: http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/7607792130_main.asp |
|
| Author: | 06LIB [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I drop my seats also, and I needed to still be able to use the cargo area for my work tools, so I mounted mine to the sub box's I built for the back, one runs the subs, the other the doors, and the cap is for both......BUT, even if you dont want to build sub box's you could just fab up a bracket to mount them in a similar fashion. I originally was planning on just amp'ing the doors, so I was going to build something to mount them like you see below, but last minute (before moving from fla. to NC)I decided to add subs, and I threw this together . It is not a finished product, but it gave me a starting point to work from....maybe you too, good luck.
|
|
| Author: | JT-KJ [ Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I just had JBL 4 channel set up under my front passengers seat and it fits great. It has plenty of power for me and works great with the speakers and sub. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|