| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| electrical http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=30824 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | DEAD RABBIT 31 [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | electrical |
Both of my break lights are out and It's not the fuse. Do I have a major problem ????? And what are the chances both bulbs blew at the same time. Any info would be greatly appreciated ! |
|
| Author: | Jeepman56 [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I dont know if it is the same but with my 93 cavalier when 1 headlight went out it surged the other headlight and blew that one as well. |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
check the switch at the brake pedal? |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Get a multi meter and check the system. |
|
| Author: | DEAD RABBIT 31 [ Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
replaced both bulbs and that's not it. ??????? What switch @ the break pedal ???? |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yes at the brake pedal. |
|
| Author: | DEAD RABBIT 31 [ Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
sorry for being a tart, but what am I checking for @ the break pedal ????? |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
look up the brake pedal arm and start looking for wires that come from it. |
|
| Author: | WoodysKJ [ Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
quick question, Is this a KJ? If it is, do you have a trailer hitch and a wireharness? If so have you used the trailer hitch and harness lately? Reason for 20 questions is I borrowed a trailer from a friend and he didn't tell me about a short in his brake lights, so when I plugged in the trailer I bleww like 4 different fuses. took me hours to find them all. Blew fuses that were not labeled as having anything to do with the brake lights. CHECK ALL OF THE FUSES I will bet there are more than one blown. |
|
| Author: | DEAD RABBIT 31 [ Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
WoodysKJ wrote: quick question,
Is this a KJ? If it is, do you have a trailer hitch and a wireharness? If so have you used the trailer hitch and harness lately? Reason for 20 questions is I borrowed a trailer from a friend and he didn't tell me about a short in his brake lights, so when I plugged in the trailer I bleww like 4 different fuses. took me hours to find them all. Blew fuses that were not labeled as having anything to do with the brake lights. CHECK ALL OF THE FUSES I will bet there are more than one blown. |
|
| Author: | DEAD RABBIT 31 [ Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yes 05 KJ and no trailer hitch also checked break pedal arm and there are no wires to look at ????? |
|
| Author: | wheaties [ Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
There is a sensor on the brake pedal up on the other side of the plastic molding that triggers the electrical system to turn on/off the the brake lights. It could be bad...but probably not. I replaced mine and it took the dexterity of a dentist and the hand size of a 3 year old...no dice. Turned out it was a light out on the high mount brake light that caused the whole circuit to act funky. So check every light, then have your three year old help |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
That's strange (I'm refering to the failure.) I've had my 3rd brake light go out without that issue. |
|
| Author: | wheaties [ Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
yeah, go figure, electrical spirits... |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|