| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Ipod Connection http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=34119 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | timbob4811 [ Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Ipod Connection |
Anybody know what kind of a cable connection it takes to connect an ipod to a stock radio from an 02 Liberty Sport? I'm tired of the static created by the itrip or like system. What does the plug look like that would go into the back of the unit? |
|
| Author: | Xodius [ Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I bought my ipod hookup from Crutchfield.com. Well actually I got it for Christmas. If you check out their site you can enter some of your info and it will tell you all you need and the cost. I think mine was...99.99 with free shipping...I think. |
|
| Author: | timbob4811 [ Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah, I figure there are many sources selling them for $100+ but I am wondering if there isn't a much cheaper way of doing it. I have been looking at possible cables on ebay for sale and am curious if these could be the same plug that could go into the back. There is a round plug with a rectangular config. that goes into the back of an alpine radio but is there something like this on the back of the jeep radio? |
|
| Author: | htkrph [ Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i work well with pictures... i use the little itrip or some offbrand of it. it was working just fine 'till last week. when i bought my ipod the carrying case so i can run with it. it dosent sit right and so it only places on the right side or left side... |
|
| Author: | Cacher123 [ Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just ordered a setup online for $80. Plugs into the back of the 6 cd changer and allows all iPod functions to be accessible through the stock head unit. Evidently (not) all the iPod functions show up on the display on the stock unit and the stock unit controls will all work the iPod. (Oh well, see review below) I have an iPod classic which requires output through the 30 pin connector. Choice of black or white cable. I went to Best Buy and they had a similar setup for $150. So I figured about 1/2 price from a reputable co. was a good deal. gromaudio.com for specs then purchase it through thier eBay store. There's another link here someplace I posted with a link to a video demo of the install. I'll report back once I try it out. edit:http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=33735 07/28 update: I bought the GROM unit ($90 w/cable). It allows the Ipod to play through the stereo nicely but does not control any iPod functions like they say it does. I have to do everything from the iPod itself. None of the radio buttons do anything. On the pro side, all I did was pop out the radio, make one plug in connection to the back of the unit and pop it back into the dash. Ran the wire through the hole in my glove box, plugged it in to the unit and the other end of the cable into my iPod and I was done. Took more time to get the screws out of the factory radio then to install the unit. They say I can return it since it doesn't do what was advertised but I'm gonna keep it since I don't think most other units will do too much more. So the buttons on the stereo don't control the iPod. It's not that big a deal as I usually just start a playlist and let it play through. I have the iPod in my cupholder on a Belkin mount (under $20) so it's right where I can see the face of it if I need to do anything. |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Cacher, Doesn't that take place of the Sirius input on that radio? If not I am there but I am pretty sure it's been posted here that it's an either/or thing. |
|
| Author: | Cacher123 [ Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Don't know about that. I don't have Sirius. |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
There isn't a cheap way to add i-Pod functionality to the factory radio on a 2002 model. Only in 2004 did Chrysler start adding the i-Pod adapator. I have a USA-spec iPod hookup from Crutchfield. It was expensive and plugs into the CD changer output on the back of the radio so it's a hard wire connection and I don't have to worry about FM static anymore. Long Live expensive adaptors. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|