LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Electric Fan
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=34141
Page 1 of 1

Author:  PoorMtnKid [ Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Electric Fan

I was wonder if anyone has every gone to an electric fan? when I was doing the lift I noticed its powered off the engine so I was thinking that if I went to an electric fan I can benefit from two things. One being power. I know its not going to be a huge difference. The second thing if its possible I think it could help a little on gas milage. Has anyone ever done this. If so what size fan or fans did you use. What all is needed to do this swap. Also if anyone has done this have you seen your gas milage increase even in a slight bit?

Author:  sleeve84028 [ Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Your Liberty has the Towing Package or HD cooling Package... It includes both a mechanical fan and an electrical fan.

My advice is to leave the mechanical fan on there...

Author:  Blue KJ in PA [ Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yep, knowing how many times people have had issues with the electric fan stopping while offroad, I'd rather have the mechanical or both but not electrical only.

I can't believe it would save all that much fuel...not enough to cover the worry of it failing at least.

Author:  PoorMtnKid [ Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wow really so I have both already. I was basically thinking of doing it so that when I get tires i can balance out the gas loss with the fan. But with two people stating the obvious I will just take that advice.

Author:  sleeve84028 [ Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

You might save like .5 or 1 MPG over the long haul, but I wouldn't worry about it. The added cooling of that fan is really going to help more than it hurts.

Plus your Liberty should be able to haul 5k pounds with that fan kit. (you should check for the PS cooler as well)

Author:  jerseykj [ Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

i did this to my wrangler. but my reasoning was the ability to turn it off while doing deep water crossings. it helped, exspecialy when i would take it threw 4ft of water. it also helps to waterproof your vehicle too. it took me 2 full days of work to do my wrangler.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/