| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| MOPAR Mini Sub http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3455 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Joe Jeep Owner [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | MOPAR Mini Sub |
Anyone have experience or an opinion on the MOPAR mini sub for under the driver or passengers seat? I have the "premium package" in an 02 Limited right now (Radio, CD, Tape) with the infimity speakers. I like the way it sounds but would like to add a little more. thought this might be a simple possibility but due to the price I wanted to see if people thought it was worth it. I think its $299 from MOPAR but Ebay has them about $100-$150 cheaper. Also, will this run from stock or will I need an additional amp or anything? Thanks |
|
| Author: | auggy [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I was wondering the same thing. Right now I have the alpine head unit and ipod control interface that I have listed below. I'll be installing alpine speakers and an amp soon .. and I want to put in a sub. The problem is that I don't want to take up much trunk space. If this sounds good then its definately the best option. |
|
| Author: | pixeldzn [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
With an aftermarket system, I'd go with something like this. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gszzUDJrK6 ... search=KSC
|
|
| Author: | Joe Jeep Owner [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Would this work with the stock system? I dont want to lose the space in the rear either, thats why I am leaning towards something like this or the MOPAR depending on what people think. |
|
| Author: | pixeldzn [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Joe Jeep Owner wrote: Would this work with the stock system?
I dont want to lose the space in the rear either, thats why I am leaning towards something like this or the MOPAR depending on what people think. I am sure you could make it work. I've never done much with stock stereos because I hate them. I always swap out for an aftermarket pretty soon after I buy a new car. For simplicity, I'd go with a mopar from ebay to go with your stock system. Just make sure they include the wiring harness - The dealer won't sell it to you without the sub!!! |
|
| Author: | KJTX [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hey Joe- Since you've got the Infinity speakers already, you may also want to look at Infinity's Basslink. It's a powered sub that will hook up directly to your stock stereo. I think it's a little big to fit under the seat, but it won't take up much room in the back. I don't have one, but have heard they sound real good. |
|
| Author: | CaKJFreedom [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It's nothing that will make things vibrate or give you that cool "boom", but it does make a nice addition to the stock radio without losing any precious storage space. Easy install too. Check out your local dealers to see if any have it installed and give it a hear! It you have an 03 or 04 you'll need to buy an adapter wedge ($4) to go with it. Like they said already, make sure you get the wiring that goes with it. |
|
| Author: | auggy [ Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:28 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
How durable is the infinity basslink? |
|
| Author: | Joe Jeep Owner [ Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks for all the imput everyone! Would you believe now that I want to Mopar sub I cant find it anywhere on ebay! Oh well, it will give me a chance to check out the infinity KJTX was talking about. I just thought the Mopar one was ideal because it went under the seat. I use the rear space a lot with the seats down (should have re-thought the leather package) thats why I was looking for other options other than in the back. Not looking for huge car rattling bass, had that before and I dont think my brain cant take the vibration anymore. |
|
| Author: | obxkj [ Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
the Mopar sub kits are very nice. I've had one in my 2000 TJ since 1/00 and still love it. Also had the spare tire mounted version in a Cherokee before our KJ. |
|
| Author: | broncsrule [ Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | sub |
I actually have both running right now. If you want more low end sound and can't afford loosing any cargo area space, the mopar sub is a good choice. If you want more bass and can give up some cargo space go with the Basslink. The amount of bass produced between the two is night and day. I upgraded my speakers (and added an amp to run them) and they overpowered the little sub. So I then went with the Basslink. I also left the mopar hooked up for a little "mid bass". As far as space it takes up goes, it is still minimal. My family of three has been to Vegas, Moab, and all over Colorado with enough room for all our stuff.(and high quality music for the road) bottomline it is a personal preference thing. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|