| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Cant get temperature to display in my EVIC http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=35871 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | humptyjumped [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Cant get temperature to display in my EVIC |
Help... I am just getting two dashes "--" where temperature should display. I am receiving the Bus information because I am getting MPG information.... Its a 2004 libby. Should I try another sensor? |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Maybe the temp sensor behind the grill is bad? Try cleaning the sensor with some water and a rag. |
|
| Author: | humptyjumped [ Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tried another sensor... it didnt work. Now the check engine light is on. Error code is for the "ambient temperature sensor"!!! |
|
| Author: | BjBnet [ Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
is it the stock EVIC or did you put it in? The reason I ask is because I just put one is and it's not displaying the temp either (I have a sensor) It's an 04 style EVIC which is apparently compatible with my bus.... |
|
| Author: | LibertyFever [ Mon May 25, 2009 12:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Did you guys ever get your EVIC/OTIS ambient temperature display issues worked out? I have both an EVIC & an OTIS but when I plug them into my 04 Liberty I have every function but the ambient temperature display. I thought maybe the sensor was missing but nope it's located right in front of the radiator. I suspect it's used for the ignition system. I'll see if I can learn what year vehicle they came from. Likely they simply aren't compatible with the 04 year Liberty. |
|
| Author: | FreedomKJ [ Wed May 27, 2009 2:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
In '04 they changed the data format, so unfortunately the temperature display on EVICs and OTIS from '03 and earlier KJs (or '04 and earlier WJs) will not work in your KJ. Sorry! |
|
| Author: | LibertyFever [ Wed May 27, 2009 5:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
FreedomKJ wrote: In '04 they changed the data format, so unfortunately the temperature display on EVICs and OTIS from '03 and earlier KJs (or '04 and earlier WJs) will not work in your KJ. Sorry!
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|