LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Factory dash speakers
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=36040
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Hood297 [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Factory dash speakers

anyone know if there is a company that makes a higher quality dash speaker (tweeter)?

Mine have pretty much blown, and sound like crap, hate to replace them with the stock ones just to blow them again.

Author:  KJ Willy [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just replaced all of my speakers with JBL, I used an actual Tweeter in it and I get realy clear highs.

Have to turn bass up and tune it more to the rear.

So far I like it but will have to eventually get something to give it some more bass.

Author:  Hood297 [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

so did it mount directly in it or is it just kinda sitting in there? did you just cut the connector and wire it to the tweeter?

Author:  KJ Willy [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

I didn't actually do it I had it done, and the guy that did it wired the amp onto the JBL in the front door and then just used existing wires. He made a small bracket to make it fit into the spot in the dash.

Author:  Hood297 [ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

yea, I like that idea, but Ive already done all of my other audio upgrades aside from this. I may just stick with the stock ones if i cant find a direct replacement. I mean they did last 5 years

Author:  sqliberty [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hood297 wrote:
yea, I like that idea, but Ive already done all of my other audio upgrades aside from this. I may just stick with the stock ones if i cant find a direct replacement. I mean they did last 5 years


I modified the factory speakers to hold aftermarket tweeters

Image

Image

Image

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

I installed Polk Component speakers for the tweeters and front doors. What I did was I used a hole saw and drilled a hole through the dash's tweeter grills and installed my tweeters. They sit flat (nearly flushed with dash) but tilt so I get a better sound from them.

Author:  ga_repoman [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

we use to hide the tweets of a component system on the vents then the mids in the factory door holes
Just an installer tip

Author:  jpsandberg [ Sun May 10, 2009 10:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

tokyojoe (or anyone else),

How did you wire your components? did you splice into the existing molex cable, or run your own speaker wire through to the doors?

I am installing components (woofer in the door, tweet in the dash) and I am also running them off an amp. I was thinking of running my speaker wires up under the dash, then splicing into the existing stock wires so I don't have to feed the new wires through the door molex stuff (simpler this way).
I am not sure what 2 factory wires in the connectors are for the front door speakers. I know the rear speakers are run though the front doors as well.
Any help would be appreciated!

JP

Author:  2006 KJ [ Sun May 10, 2009 11:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

KJ Willy wrote:
I just replaced all of my speakers with JBL, I used an actual Tweeter in it and I get realy clear highs.

Have to turn bass up and tune it more to the rear.

So far I like it but will have to eventually get something to give it some more bass.


i have for sale what you need for more bass :)

Author:  sqliberty [ Mon May 11, 2009 8:25 am ]
Post subject: 

Run new wires, it's not that bad to do. If you were not using an Amp I would just use the factory wires.

Author:  jpsandberg [ Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 am ]
Post subject: 

Any guidelines or advice on how to run the wires through the molex connectors?

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Mon May 11, 2009 10:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

Look for my post on installing my Polk component unit. The tweeters are direction and sound awesome. Pics in my post. Just do a search in this discussion section. I think I posted around Summer of 2008.

Author:  jpsandberg [ Tue May 12, 2009 10:31 am ]
Post subject: 

This is all I could find:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... highlight=

Do you have a link somewhere? or posted on another forum maybe?

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Wed May 13, 2009 7:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

That's it.

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Wed May 13, 2009 7:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

That's it.

Author:  jpsandberg [ Wed May 13, 2009 7:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

I was looking for a picture or description on how you ran the wires from the cabin throught the molex connectors and boot into the doors. I am guessing you drilled holes, did you take the door off? curious how you got your dril into the tight spots to drill for the speaker wire.

Thanks!

Author:  hyedipin [ Thu May 14, 2009 12:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Isn't there any direct replacement aftermarket component set we can just drop in existing holes? I mean after all these are infinity speakers (factory premium sound). I assume infinity should make same or a bit smaller ones which we can just replace or use adapters to hold in place firmly without any modifications. Tweeters can really be very very small, all they do is give out highs.

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Fri May 15, 2009 12:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nope. Did not drill holes or take door off. Used a wire coat hanger and taped the wire to it and protected the tip so it didn't tear into other wires or the boot. Slid it right through.

Author:  jinstall [ Fri May 15, 2009 11:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have 2" tweeters in the dash locations. I used flex band to mount them. The mounts bolted right up the the flex band holes and then to the OEM screw locations. The flex band alows for proper positioning behind the OEM "grills". I used the factory speaker mounts for the 6.5" Focals in the doors. The cross overs are under the dash. EVERYTHING has new wire for it, Focals require power and good quality cables. BTW they are Focal 165V Editions. I haev been doing all my own installs for over 20 years.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/