It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Radio...or speakers?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
So yesterday while I was driving from medical office to medical office wishing I was not, I noticed my passenger speakers would cut in and out. There was no static involved it would just stop working. Any ideas what it could be? I can add that for the past....6 months or so when I would pull up near a radio controlled gate opener that side would make a...noise like it just picked up a different channel. Not static but almost like a dinging but in buzzer form kinda. I know not much help :)

Thanks Xod

_________________
My Rig:
2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU
OME HD lift
35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:39 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 153
Location: Guam
check the connection on the speaker. maybe loose? happened to my friends mazda took it out tested it was fine pluged it back in and work perfect ever since. if you have a digital multi meter you can check the ohm on it to see if it's blown. sounds like a connection problem but might be the radio.

_________________
06 Liberty Sport 2wd Manual 6-Speed.
Mods:
Excessive Amperage custom 200amp alternator
Yellow Top Optima Battery
RE XXX 12 subwoofer in 2.5 cubic ft slot vented box tuned to 32 hz
Earthquake PHD5000w amp
Earthquake 2 channel amp
MTX 6001 axe seperates 6 1/2 front speakers with 1" soft dome tweeters


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:52 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Will do, thanks man!

_________________
My Rig:
2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU
OME HD lift
35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:00 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
only speaker I have that works is my drivers door speaker and well.. the tweeters.

Guess I should fix that huh

after the experience I had with my friends wife's crayon smelling VW bug and its door speakers I'd just about let them all blow or rattle loose before I bothered with it :(

How did yours turn out? blown or loose?

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:08 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
LOL, sorry it has been awhile since I responded to this post. I have not checked tbh. I am debating tackling that job tomorrow morning. I now have both the drivers side and the passangers go out....not at the same time but they seem to take turns, lol. Come to think of it....I think even my tweeters go out...hmmm...are the tweeters wired to the door speakers? Crap now I am wondering it my HU is about to crap out.

_________________
My Rig:
2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU
OME HD lift
35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:17 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Here is a question...are they any HU that are compatible with the steering wheel controls?

_________________
My Rig:
2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU
OME HD lift
35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:41 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
i replaced all of my speakers with some pioneers, in doing so the whole cutting in and out stuff i was experiencing stopped

but the HU continued to apparently overheat and turn off every now and then, and has since taken a complete dump :P

i don't have steering wheel controls on mine so no exp there, but i'm sure they have one that does

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:49 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
i replaced all of my speakers with some pioneers, in doing so the whole cutting in and out stuff i was experiencing stopped

but the HU continued to apparently overheat and turn off every now and then, and has since taken a complete dump :P

i don't have steering wheel controls on mine so no exp there, but i'm sure they have one that does

Well that sucks. Good that you swapped out the speakers but still what a pita. Which Pioneers did you end up going with and do you like them?

_________________
My Rig:
2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU
OME HD lift
35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
i don't remember which model speakers they were, i just ended up getting the 6.5's or something, they sound wonderful though

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:46 pm
Posts: 507
Location: Boone, NC / Charleston, SC
Best bet is to check the wiring, I'm sure something's loose in there. I had upgraded to some Memphis speakers in my old car, and they sounded great. But my stock KJ speaks are awesome, so mine are still stock... While running subs :lol: . My only experience are with Memphis, and they are good ones.

_________________
2005 Patriot Blue Sport 3.7L 4WD
Alpine Headunit/2 12" Kenwood Subs/620 Watt Power Acoustik Amp
Teenage Driving/K&N Drop-In/MOPAR Tow Hooks & Skids/Debadged
BDS Coils/BDS 5500 Shocks/15x8 Cragar Soft 8's/31x10.5xR15 MTR
Teraflex Bumpstops/Rear Bumpstops/Trimmed Bumper

http://murphyman1.mybrute.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Well this weekend was full of projects and I actually got them all done too, lol.

I took apart my door and my speakers foam had pulled away from the ...mount I guess. So I got that all patched up and it sounds pretty good. I also checked the hu and found some loose wires along with a cap that popped off. Since getting it all back together it sounds like new. So I am very happy.

:)

Thanks guys for all your help.

_________________
My Rig:
2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU
OME HD lift
35" tires (thus far)
plus a ton of other things. J.E.E.P.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com