| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Radio...or speakers? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=39165 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Xodius [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Radio...or speakers? |
So yesterday while I was driving from medical office to medical office wishing I was not, I noticed my passenger speakers would cut in and out. There was no static involved it would just stop working. Any ideas what it could be? I can add that for the past....6 months or so when I would pull up near a radio controlled gate opener that side would make a...noise like it just picked up a different channel. Not static but almost like a dinging but in buzzer form kinda. I know not much help Thanks Xod |
|
| Author: | Frostednutz [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
check the connection on the speaker. maybe loose? happened to my friends mazda took it out tested it was fine pluged it back in and work perfect ever since. if you have a digital multi meter you can check the ohm on it to see if it's blown. sounds like a connection problem but might be the radio. |
|
| Author: | Xodius [ Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Will do, thanks man! |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
only speaker I have that works is my drivers door speaker and well.. the tweeters. Guess I should fix that huh after the experience I had with my friends wife's crayon smelling VW bug and its door speakers I'd just about let them all blow or rattle loose before I bothered with it How did yours turn out? blown or loose? |
|
| Author: | Xodius [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
LOL, sorry it has been awhile since I responded to this post. I have not checked tbh. I am debating tackling that job tomorrow morning. I now have both the drivers side and the passangers go out....not at the same time but they seem to take turns, lol. Come to think of it....I think even my tweeters go out...hmmm...are the tweeters wired to the door speakers? Crap now I am wondering it my HU is about to crap out. |
|
| Author: | Xodius [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Here is a question...are they any HU that are compatible with the steering wheel controls? |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
i replaced all of my speakers with some pioneers, in doing so the whole cutting in and out stuff i was experiencing stopped but the HU continued to apparently overheat and turn off every now and then, and has since taken a complete dump i don't have steering wheel controls on mine so no exp there, but i'm sure they have one that does |
|
| Author: | Xodius [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
JeepinJarhead03 wrote: i replaced all of my speakers with some pioneers, in doing so the whole cutting in and out stuff i was experiencing stopped
but the HU continued to apparently overheat and turn off every now and then, and has since taken a complete dump i don't have steering wheel controls on mine so no exp there, but i'm sure they have one that does Well that sucks. Good that you swapped out the speakers but still what a pita. Which Pioneers did you end up going with and do you like them? |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i don't remember which model speakers they were, i just ended up getting the 6.5's or something, they sound wonderful though |
|
| Author: | Murphyman [ Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Best bet is to check the wiring, I'm sure something's loose in there. I had upgraded to some Memphis speakers in my old car, and they sounded great. But my stock KJ speaks are awesome, so mine are still stock... While running subs |
|
| Author: | Xodius [ Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well this weekend was full of projects and I actually got them all done too, lol. I took apart my door and my speakers foam had pulled away from the ...mount I guess. So I got that all patched up and it sounds pretty good. I also checked the hu and found some loose wires along with a cap that popped off. Since getting it all back together it sounds like new. So I am very happy. Thanks guys for all your help. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|