| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Problem with Cobra 75 http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=39432 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Ronnie Helmo [ Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Problem with Cobra 75 |
All, Good afternoon. I've got a problem with my CB that is baffling me. Some background: it has been working fine (only a few months old). One day driving to work it just stops working - no sound but the lights turn on. So over the weekend I check all the connection - nothing. Monday driving to work I decide to turn the radio on for some reason and BOOM it works. Then on the way home on Monday I fire it up, it works for about 20sec then right back not working. I am assuming that there is a bad connection some place - has anyone had this trouble before? Thanks in advance. -Dr. Dave |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I had a 75 and the speaker died - I figured it wasn't worth trying to fix. |
|
| Author: | Signcutter21 [ Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
the power/ volume dial seems to goop up on them as well as some speaker connection. If you know a cb shop, they might be able to clean it up for you. I had one do that for mine, figured it would cost me money, but they said it was no big deal and it was free. Bought a disconnect adapter for the antenna just to say thanks. mike |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Check your Squelch. Sometimes the obvious slips us. |
|
| Author: | Ronnie Helmo [ Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks guys. I checked the squelch (or if I hadn't I will never admit it). Funny thing is that it doesn't even beep when I turn it on. Might be the volume connection like cutter suggested. Do you remember what they cleaned? Thanks in advance. -Dr. Dave |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|