LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

New CB!
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=40933
Page 1 of 2

Author:  ObiHann [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:18 am ]
Post subject:  New CB!

Image
Image
Image

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:17 am ]
Post subject: 

lol ya got a marine radio too? anyone onland actually use those? i thought about it since theyre already like 20watts vs the 4 of a regular stock cb

get you some hf or ham or somethin goin too and we're gonna turn you into the COMMS vehicle haha :wink:

Author:  ObiHann [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:39 am ]
Post subject: 

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
lol ya got a marine radio too? anyone onland actually use those? i thought about it since theyre already like 20watts vs the 4 of a regular stock cb

get you some hf or ham or somethin goin too and we're gonna turn you into the COMMS vehicle haha :wink:


I live near in halifax nova scotia, right by the harbour, so I'm alwayse by the water. I got it to listen to ships and stuff, haven't picked any up but haven't had the time to really get listning. I love the weather band on it though :) I will be adding a trunked scanner in a few months, so getting pretty close to comms lol ;)

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

yea i almost bought a CB that had a weather band but I couldn't find one that had a weather band AND SSB's

I've got a hand held bearcat scanner i guess i could take with me, I need to rewire the battery area, it only works on AC bought it in like 95, it's been constantly scanning about 90% of the time since

Author:  colts_kj [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

Same CB and mounted same spot as I got :shock: plus I got a Scanner in the cup holder too your jeep looks exactly like mine on the inside :lol: we dont have much water around here in WV so I listen to the Truckers, Cops, EMS, and Fire plus it has the weather radio on it.

Author:  ObiHann [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

colts_kj wrote:
Same CB and mounted same spot as I got :shock: plus I got a Scanner in the cup holder too your jeep looks exactly like mine on the inside :lol: we dont have much water around here in WV so I listen to the Truckers, Cops, EMS, and Fire plus it has the weather radio on it.


What scanner you got? I'm shooting for the Uniden BCT15 in the summer, around here everything except police is analog trunked, or straight analog, so it will be great for what I need. I'de love to go digital but the cost is unreal...

Author:  colts_kj [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

ObiHann wrote:
colts_kj wrote:
Same CB and mounted same spot as I got :shock: plus I got a Scanner in the cup holder too your jeep looks exactly like mine on the inside :lol: we dont have much water around here in WV so I listen to the Truckers, Cops, EMS, and Fire plus it has the weather radio on it.


What scanner you got? I'm shooting for the Uniden BCT15 in the summer, around here everything except police is analog trunked, or straight analog, so it will be great for what I need. I'de love to go digital but the cost is unreal...


everything in the county I live in is Digital so I spent $500 on a Digital Trunking Scanner (the scanner I have for 500bucks is like 250-300 now :twisted: ). I had it for 3-5 months before I found a way to get it programed :oops: .
I think it is a Pro-96 but I'm not real sure on that.

Author:  ObiHann [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

colts_kj wrote:
ObiHann wrote:
colts_kj wrote:
Same CB and mounted same spot as I got :shock: plus I got a Scanner in the cup holder too your jeep looks exactly like mine on the inside :lol: we dont have much water around here in WV so I listen to the Truckers, Cops, EMS, and Fire plus it has the weather radio on it.


What scanner you got? I'm shooting for the Uniden BCT15 in the summer, around here everything except police is analog trunked, or straight analog, so it will be great for what I need. I'de love to go digital but the cost is unreal...


everything in the county I live in is Digital so I spent $500 on a Digital Trunking Scanner (the scanner I have for 500bucks is like 250-300 now :twisted: ). I had it for 3-5 months before I found a way to get it programed :oops: .
I think it is a Pro-96 but I'm not real sure on that.


radio shack? the pro-96 is about $400 on ebay give or take, so you didn't loose too much there, still decent, for me a digital will be $600+ :(

Author:  colts_kj [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

ObiHann wrote:
colts_kj wrote:
ObiHann wrote:
colts_kj wrote:
Same CB and mounted same spot as I got :shock: plus I got a Scanner in the cup holder too your jeep looks exactly like mine on the inside :lol: we dont have much water around here in WV so I listen to the Truckers, Cops, EMS, and Fire plus it has the weather radio on it.


What scanner you got? I'm shooting for the Uniden BCT15 in the summer, around here everything except police is analog trunked, or straight analog, so it will be great for what I need. I'de love to go digital but the cost is unreal...


everything in the county I live in is Digital so I spent $500 on a Digital Trunking Scanner (the scanner I have for 500bucks is like 250-300 now :twisted: ). I had it for 3-5 months before I found a way to get it programed :oops: .
I think it is a Pro-96 but I'm not real sure on that.


radio shack? the pro-96 is about $400 on ebay give or take, so you didn't loose too much there, still decent, for me a digital will be $600+ :(


I was thinking I saw it lower than that one time! I use it every day so I guess the 500 bucks is ok.

Author:  ObiHann [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

colts_kj wrote:
ObiHann wrote:
colts_kj wrote:
ObiHann wrote:
colts_kj wrote:
Same CB and mounted same spot as I got :shock: plus I got a Scanner in the cup holder too your jeep looks exactly like mine on the inside :lol: we dont have much water around here in WV so I listen to the Truckers, Cops, EMS, and Fire plus it has the weather radio on it.


What scanner you got? I'm shooting for the Uniden BCT15 in the summer, around here everything except police is analog trunked, or straight analog, so it will be great for what I need. I'de love to go digital but the cost is unreal...


everything in the county I live in is Digital so I spent $500 on a Digital Trunking Scanner (the scanner I have for 500bucks is like 250-300 now :twisted: ). I had it for 3-5 months before I found a way to get it programed :oops: .
I think it is a Pro-96 but I'm not real sure on that.


radio shack? the pro-96 is about $400 on ebay give or take, so you didn't loose too much there, still decent, for me a digital will be $600+ :(


I was thinking I saw it lower than that one time! I use it every day so I guess the 500 bucks is ok.



ts all relative, I'de love to spend the cash, I would use it, but I have tons of other stuff coming up its not going to happen. Play with the toys yah have, till they brake, than get better ones LOL

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

mine's just a bearcat 60XLT-1 :lol: i used to have a base model bearcat scanner that did some trunk tracking but it was slow as mathusula on anything over 800mhz

my bearcat does have a uc1782 chip thou, if i took the time i could raise it to 80 channels and unlock 800mhz on it i just havent done it yet :shock: i mean ive only had it like .. 14 years? haha

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:02 am ]
Post subject: 

here's my galaxy by the way
just finished installing a WQD on my antenna, rather beefy quick disconnect

Image

Author:  ObiHann [ Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

So where does the quick disconnect go? between the antenna and the mount or the cable and the cb? If its between the antenna and the mount, is there such thing as a right angle? Thinking of sticiking my mag mount on the side by on radio antenna and having the whip run straight up, I measured it and and I could even get 1-2' larger of a whip depending on how low I mount down the base. This "could" give me a larger antenna thus a greater reception, and also more clearance, so less need to disconnect and less change of it getting knocked off....

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

the WQD goes between the antenna and the mount, there's a couple pictures of the install in this section under CB antenna quick disconnects

I think the quality of the disconnect does affect the height and the swr but not to the degree that the tuneable tip of a tuneable antenna does by any degree

Mike (INC) has a thread around here where he put a multi band antenna in the stock location on his jeep so that it operates for his FM radio and the CB radio by changing the antenna for the multiband antenna and putting in the adapter

Author:  ObiHann [ Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:47 am ]
Post subject: 

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
the WQD goes between the antenna and the mount, there's a couple pictures of the install in this section under CB antenna quick disconnects

I think the quality of the disconnect does affect the height and the swr but not to the degree that the tuneable tip of a tuneable antenna does by any degree

Mike (INC) has a thread around here where he put a multi band antenna in the stock location on his jeep so that it operates for his FM radio and the CB radio by changing the antenna for the multiband antenna and putting in the adapter


Is there a good writeup on how to use the tunable antenna?

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

yep, tom or someone around here has a pretty detailed post concerning SWR and tuneable tip antennas, would probably find it through just a search for SWR

Author:  ObiHann [ Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Would anything other than a bigger antenna help reception? I'm starting to enjoy listening to channel 1 and the trucker chatter lol

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:56 am ]
Post subject: 

make sure the chassis of your cb is grounded well, either through good power plug ground to battery or with a ground strap from your cobra chassis that you mounted, and ground it to the body, if you aren't getting alot of noise that stops if you put your hand on the cobra then it's grounded good probably

other than that, good coax, good antenna, good SWR and you can't do much better than that without a bigger antenna, and since your antenna is on the roof, thats about as good as a placement as it gets

Author:  BigMo007 [ Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:58 am ]
Post subject: 

ObiHann,
What model CB are you using. I have been looking for something small to install in cubby.

Author:  ObiHann [ Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:00 am ]
Post subject: 

BigMo007 wrote:
ObiHann,
What model CB are you using. I have been looking for something small to install in cubby.


cobra 19

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/