It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Kenwood
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:39 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Ephrata, PA
Anybody using KW head units? This years Excelon line looks great. I may pick up the 963!

_________________
06 KJ Sport
-245/75/16 Destination A/T's
-Debadged and decaled
-Liberator door handles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:25 am
Posts: 2019
Location: El Paso TX/Friedrichsdorf DE
I have been using a 789 for many years and it has been way more relaiable than the other 2 Alpine HU I currently have sitting in the closet.

_________________
No longer a CRD or Jeep owner. Selling everything I have, needs to go as I need the room for a project.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:01 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:45 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Montana (Rocky Mountain Side)
I Just Ordered Myself the Kenwood 693 (Exactly the same as the 963 without the Bluetooth) I already have the Firewall Passthrough ready for the AMP wires and the trim torn off the inside to run it all through. I'll let ya know how she works when i hook her up.

_________________
05 o|||||||o Liberty 4x4 Patriot Blue w/Custom Black Trim
Kenwood Excellon KDC-X693 w/Alpine 500w AMP Bridged dual Alpine Subs
Frankenlift I w/Extra Isolator - ARB with Warn M8000
Goodyear Duratrac's 245/75/R16 on Cregar soft 8's, Full Skids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:57 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:44 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
I have the X693 in my mini and love it. it has a ton of features for tuning the sound and stuff. it can be a little hard to see the display in direct sunlight. i use yellow for the display.

_________________
2003 KJ Sport
Flowmaster Super 44
OME HD front springs, rusty's strut plate, 3 ring clevis, rusty's rear springs
JBA UCA 4.5
DTT upfront
Reese Tow hitch
ARB Bull Bar
Renegade Light Bar
HiLift jack
Crager Soft 8 15x8
Trxus MT 31x10.50/15
Coming Soon: SFA swap


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:20 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
I have the X492. Not bad.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:45 pm
Posts: 384
Location: Montana (Rocky Mountain Side)
I was originally going to get that one, the price from Crutchfield is actually pretty cheap. But I wanted the built in digital audio processor, all I'm probably ever going to listen to is my iPod, with 50+gigs of music who needs radio?

_________________
05 o|||||||o Liberty 4x4 Patriot Blue w/Custom Black Trim
Kenwood Excellon KDC-X693 w/Alpine 500w AMP Bridged dual Alpine Subs
Frankenlift I w/Extra Isolator - ARB with Warn M8000
Goodyear Duratrac's 245/75/R16 on Cregar soft 8's, Full Skids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 1667
Excelon X590 here, other than LED screen going out once last year, which was fixed under warranty (2 years warranty!) it has been working great.

_________________
NYC L.O.S.T.# 022174 -
Check out my Image CarDomain


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com