| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Switches needed, ideas? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=41938 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Boiler [ Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | Switches needed, ideas? |
I am looking for some rocker switches. Any ideas on where to look for them? I've already looked at honeywell's line, GE, Hella, Tyco, and Terminal Supply. Not finding exactly what I want, which is: 1) Illumination when switched 2) good looking 3) SPDT (single pole double throw) 4) both 2 position (ON-OFF) and 3 position (ON-OFF-ON) maintained 5) mount via a round hole like HELLA's, and not snap in that require a rectangular hole I searched for a couple hours today and didn't find exactly what I wanted, so I thought maybe some of you would have recommendations of vendors for me to check out. Thanks! |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
i looked a bit, best ones i saw were daystar switches but theyre square instead of post round |
|
| Author: | KJ kyle [ Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
boiler, do you ever make it up to MI? there is a store called lane automotive in watervliet, (exit 41, I-94) they are one of the biggest parts distributors in the nation, and they have any switch you can imagine. also memorial day weekend there is a carshow their, that would definatly be worth the drive up. otherwise id check jegs, or summit. |
|
| Author: | Boiler [ Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah I do, but usually only june-sept. I wonder if they have a catalog or online store. Will check it out. |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
KJ kyle wrote: boiler, do you ever make it up to MI? there is a store called lane automotive in watervliet, (exit 41, I-94) they are one of the biggest parts distributors in the nation, and they have any switch you can imagine. also memorial day weekend there is a carshow their, that would definatly be worth the drive up.
otherwise id check jegs, or summit. Wow...thanks for that!! Definitely going to make it to that show. |
|
| Author: | KJ kyle [ Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i beleive they do all there work through catalog, im sure could get a free one online |
|
| Author: | MtnLuvr [ Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Switches needed - try these .... |
Boiler wrote: I am looking for some rocker switches. Any ideas on where to look for them? I've already looked at honeywell's line, GE, Hella, Tyco, and Terminal Supply. Not finding exactly what I want, which is:
1) Illumination when switched 2) good looking 3) SPDT (single pole double throw) 4) both 2 position (ON-OFF) and 3 position (ON-OFF-ON) maintained 5) mount via a round hole like HELLA's, and not snap in that require a rectangular hole I searched for a couple hours today and didn't find exactly what I wanted, so I thought maybe some of you would have recommendations of vendors for me to check out. Thanks! Did a quick run through "search" and found: Try this thread or this thread that references OTTATTW. Try this thread that references Carling Switches. Hope this helps. |
|
| Author: | Boiler [ Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Great info, thanks. I had discounted the Carlling switches because they were panel mount in rectangular holes, but I'm just not finding round hole switches that will do what I want them to do. It looks like I'll have to make or buy a panel. |
|
| Author: | 4WheelAholic [ Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
54110 On-Off-On, illuminated Up: On/red, Center: Off/White , Down: On/White. Five screw terminals. O-ring seal in bushing. Independent illumination. 54110-01 On-Off-On, illuminated Up: On/red, Center: Off/White, Down: On/White. Five blade terminals. O-ring seal in bushing. Independent illumination. Try http://www.colehersee.com/pdf/B-Toggles.pdf See if that helps |
|
| Author: | Boiler [ Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Nice. I actually saw some there that I'll use if the ones I ordered last night don't work out. I decided to compromise on my circuit complication and just use ON/OFF SPDT switches, adding some relays to replace the 2nd set of poles, and just did away with the 2nd off function. |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Look for aircraft parts and see if you can get something there. Maybe you can get a complete panel and pull the lights from there. |
|
| Author: | e_poirier2004 [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Try Eaton vehicle rocker switches from Allied Electronics. They fit perfectly on the trim on each side of the steering wheel. They're a bit expensive but look very nice and they also need a connector so if you want, you disconnect the whole switch, not one contact at a time. I used 3 of those in my libby and works great. |
|
| Author: | SNAFU [ Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:21 am ] |
| Post subject: | peanutbutter |
This may help (or not) http://www.rallylights.com/Switches.aspx |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|