LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

tail light/front running light problem..need help
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=42223
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Liberty Titan [ Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:01 pm ]
Post subject:  tail light/front running light problem..need help

My drivers tail light and front running light are out. I have trouble shot but can't seem to figure out the problem.

Bulbs are fine, signal works, ground is there, checked the fuses, switched around the bulb housing, and the passenger side works fine.

So before I start tearing apart my paneling does anyone have any other suggestions?

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

bcm going bad?

do your headlights function on high and low at all?

check the leads comming out of the junction box and make sure nothing has came loose and try pulling a unrelated relay that has the same relay type as for instance the running lights or tail lights and put it in and see if it corrects it

Author:  Liberty Titan [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don't think its my bcm.

Both headlights work fine. It's just my drivers tail light and drivers front yellow running light (the long rectangular light...two lights should be on when the vehicles lights are activated...then the one blinks when you signal).

Is there some sort of "Y" junction for those lights (drivers and passengers side) where something is going on? Because the lights blink when I signal they just don't stay on when I turn on the vehicles lights. Very strange I find?

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

I would try swapping some relays around and see if maybe its just a relay goin bad

had a similar problem on a friends van where the brake lights started working backwards and it was just a relay :roll:

Author:  Liberty Titan [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

ok, cool. Thanks for the reply's:) I appreciate it! I will play around with it again tonight or tomorrow. I also noticed today that both lights flash when I lock it with the remote so you may be correct on the relay.

Ok, now where are my relays for the lights located? lol

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

junction box under the hood

there are other relays and fuses inside where you open the drivers door but pretty sure the relays ya lookin for are in the junction box under the hood

should have a diagram on the underside of the lid, just have to find a relay that is the same as the one you suspect is jacked up. If you swap them and it fixes the issue then you know exactly what to get at Napa or wherever :)

Author:  Liberty Titan [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ha, such a simple fix! Thanks Jeepinjarhead for the help.

Solution-fuse #23 drivers side dash panel. I just googled what number fuse for those lights.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/