LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Wiring harness for tow - 4 way or 7 way?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=42289
Page 1 of 1

Author:  tomsjeep [ Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Wiring harness for tow - 4 way or 7 way?

Anyone know what's the difference in the 4 way and 7 way wiring harness tap-in kits (Mopar)??
That's going to be part two of hooking up my hitch system, and I have no idea which one does what and why. Anyone have any information they can share?

Author:  To_The_Max [ Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

This should answer your question:

http://www.etrailer.com/faq_wiring.aspx

Author:  tomsjeep [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:41 am ]
Post subject: 

Indeed it does.
Thanks.

Author:  jinstall [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

More is better, it is easier to go down in poles instead of going up.

Author:  tomsjeep [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

jinstall wrote:
More is better, it is easier to go down in poles instead of going up.

Yeah, now that I know where all the wires go, it's definitely the 7 way. I'm thinking forward - hoping to get my hands on a mil. Jeep trailer, or one of it's civilian counterparts. Trailer brake wiring is going to be part of the deal, so the 7 way addresses that.

Author:  jinstall [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

I found this out the hard way in Germany when I got the 7 Pole instead of the 13 pole they offer in Europe.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/