LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Radiator cooling fan wiring
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=42365
Page 1 of 1

Author:  kskj [ Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Radiator cooling fan wiring

I'm looking for sombody that might have a set of 04 Kj wiring diagrams. I have a 06 radiator fan that I got real cheap and I am trying to make it work in my 04. I can mount it ok but the 06 fan has a two wire plug and my 04 has a three wire plug. Troy told me his 02 is two wires and the 03 wiring diagrams I have only shows two wires. The wire colors match up Yellow and black/orange but I also have a green wire,Maybe ground?

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:46 am ]
Post subject: 

i dont know if this will be applicable to that fan but i've put on a few where the green was for manual switched power

before they were switched to computer controled the orange was to the AC or other ignition controled source so that it would turn off when you turned off the key with black yellow(new red) and orange accounted for in 2 wires the green may be for switched power, do you need a diagram for an 04 or do you need one for an 06? i'm slightly confused

Author:  kskj [ Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:50 am ]
Post subject: 

I need the 04 wiring diagrams so I can see if the 06 fan will work with my 04 KJ.

Author:  Neal [ Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

For the 04 fan the third wire is ground.
The 2 power wires are dark green and yellow. The black/ orange wire is ground.
Don't have the 06 wiring.
For the 02 & 03 fan power is black/orange and yellow and no ground wire.
You can always check the fan connections with an ohmmeter to double check the fan winding versus ground.

Author:  kskj [ Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks Neal, I just got back from the city librairy and found the diagram and you confirmed what I found.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/