It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Radiator cooling fan wiring
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:33 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:27 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: valley center, ks
I'm looking for sombody that might have a set of 04 Kj wiring diagrams. I have a 06 radiator fan that I got real cheap and I am trying to make it work in my 04. I can mount it ok but the 06 fan has a two wire plug and my 04 has a three wire plug. Troy told me his 02 is two wires and the 03 wiring diagrams I have only shows two wires. The wire colors match up Yellow and black/orange but I also have a green wire,Maybe ground?

_________________
2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:46 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
i dont know if this will be applicable to that fan but i've put on a few where the green was for manual switched power

before they were switched to computer controled the orange was to the AC or other ignition controled source so that it would turn off when you turned off the key with black yellow(new red) and orange accounted for in 2 wires the green may be for switched power, do you need a diagram for an 04 or do you need one for an 06? i'm slightly confused

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:50 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:27 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: valley center, ks
I need the 04 wiring diagrams so I can see if the 06 fan will work with my 04 KJ.

_________________
2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:46 pm
Posts: 291
Location: Dayton, NV
For the 04 fan the third wire is ground.
The 2 power wires are dark green and yellow. The black/ orange wire is ground.
Don't have the 06 wiring.
For the 02 & 03 fan power is black/orange and yellow and no ground wire.
You can always check the fan connections with an ohmmeter to double check the fan winding versus ground.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:37 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:27 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: valley center, ks
Thanks Neal, I just got back from the city librairy and found the diagram and you confirmed what I found.

_________________
2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com