| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Diode help http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=42450 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Diode help |
I haven't done a diode installation since I was in high school and I'm not 100% positive? Correct me if I’m wrong; does the white line (cathode) go towards the current you want to block. |
|
| Author: | Neal [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Diode help |
Maximum Carnage wrote: I haven't done a diode installation since I was in high school and I'm not 100% positive? Correct me if I’m wrong; does the white line (cathode) go towards the current you want to block.
Yes, reverse bias for blocking. Conventional current would flow from anode to cathode(the banded end). |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks a lot, preparing for reverse lights. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|