LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

pioneer tweeter buzzing
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=42752
Page 1 of 1

Author:  AR4X4 [ Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:42 pm ]
Post subject:  pioneer tweeter buzzing

Hi everyone Im new to this sight just got approved today. I bought an 05 renegade 2 weeks ago and decided to swap out the sound system. The pioneer tweeter I installed is buzzing and I also here a buzz going with the engine. (front left tweeter) The power wire is 2 inches away from the speaker wire and crossover. Any help will be great.. THANKS

Author:  KJ kyle [ Fri May 01, 2009 1:10 am ]
Post subject: 

speaker wires are too close to power.

Author:  AR4X4 [ Tue May 19, 2009 10:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

I connected a speaker directly to the amp buy the trunk and still got the buzz. Its actually coming from both front speakers. Its not loud but I can hear it when listening to music low. Then I noticed that when I turn on my inside dome light the buzz stops. Then comes back on as the light shuts off. I ran the RCA's by the back of the glove box and under the carpet all the way back. Power cable is under the carpet also but driver side and in the middle. Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas what else to check? AMP is a RockfordFosgate P400 at 2 ohms I also have another amp for the bass its a Fosgate P1000-1bd 1 ohm

Author:  Frostednutz [ Wed May 20, 2009 5:05 am ]
Post subject: 

i would try a good set of rca cable. if that isnt it you have a ground loop maybe and need to ground the outside of the rca cable connector to the housing of the radio unit which sometimes fixes the problem. you can try that out by touching 2 wires from the exposed left and right rca comming oout of the radio to the radio housing and if it fixes it you can soder them. make sure to put a small fuse maybe 1-3 amp just to be safe. make sure the rca and power cable is as far away from eachother as possible. make sure your rca's arnt running over something that might interfer with the rca's signal.

Author:  Stefano [ Wed May 20, 2009 10:37 am ]
Post subject: 

we get engine noise sometimes when we install amps at work, another thing to try if the ground loop (also after moving the power wire away from the speakers) dosnt work is running the radio ground all the way back to the amp and grounding it there instead of in the dash, sometimes you can get noise from the dash ground if theres alot of other things being grounded there too

Author:  AR4X4 [ Thu May 21, 2009 5:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

what do you mean by a ground loop? Frostenutz do you mean a wire like wraped around the outside of the rca cable and then ground that to the radio housing? Im going to work on it this weekend im going to try everyones suggestions. thanks

Author:  AR4X4 [ Fri May 22, 2009 6:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

I checked out the radio today and found something else out. I disconnected the RCA cables for the front speakers and I still hear the buzz. Would this make it a ground problem?

Author:  Stefano [ Sat May 23, 2009 10:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

did you move the power wire away from the speaker/speaker wire more? you could also try getting constant and switched power from the ignition harness instead of the factory radio harness. also im guessing that it only buzzes when the car is running, not if your just having the key turned to acc but not actually running?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/