LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Odyssey Batteries
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=42910
Page 1 of 1

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue May 05, 2009 10:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Odyssey Batteries

What's your opinions of them? Don't hesitate,just need some info from actual users and not some sales site or reviews(which I never believe anyways).

Author:  KJ kyle [ Tue May 05, 2009 11:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

post a link... never heard of them :roll:

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue May 05, 2009 11:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

KJ kyle wrote:
post a link... never heard of them :roll:
Google not working :wink: :wink: (J/K)

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1500series.htm

Looking at the PC1500DT battery in the link above.

Author:  KJ kyle [ Tue May 05, 2009 11:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

$232.45 is a bit salty... the sales pitch is convinsing though

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue May 05, 2009 11:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

KJ kyle wrote:
$232.45 is a bit salty... the sales pitch is convinsing though
Cost is not a issue to me,quality is.

Author:  Albert [ Tue May 05, 2009 11:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I never heard of the brand. Specs look good though.

Author:  tomsjeep [ Wed May 06, 2009 10:07 am ]
Post subject: 

I had heard of them. There seems to be an ongoing debate about whether to go Odyssey or Optima... the Odyssey is smaller footprint, no?
I have no experience with them so I can't help you there and also won't vote because I've heard of them but don't have experience (I just wrote that already).
A few places I know of that handle them (Jeepers&Creepers and my local shop Elias 4WD) are reputable, so that speaks well for them in my mind.

Author:  macgyver [ Wed May 06, 2009 3:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Odyssey Batteries

tjkj2002 wrote:
What's your opinions of them? Don't hesitate,just need some info from actual users and not some sales site or reviews(which I never believe anyways).


The best battery you can buy. I have several of them. If you are using solar, then Lifeline battery is better, but for vehicles Odyssey is best

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Wed May 06, 2009 9:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Odyssey Batteries

macgyver wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
What's your opinions of them? Don't hesitate,just need some info from actual users and not some sales site or reviews(which I never believe anyways).


The best battery you can buy. I have several of them. If you are using solar, then Lifeline battery is better, but for vehicles Odyssey is best
Thanks,that was what I was hoping for.I was kinda leary from the "military" speced part.

Author:  clreinstein [ Wed May 06, 2009 9:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

I second what Quinn said. I have one in my Mustang race car and it has been the most reliable battery ive ever used. Definitely well worth the money.

Author:  CRD Joe [ Thu May 07, 2009 4:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Back before Odyssey bought them they were called Black Panther Predator. I spent 600.00 on three batteries for my diesel samurai and they all died in one year!!!!!

I can't speak for them now, but they sure cost me some years ago.

Author:  macgyver [ Thu May 07, 2009 8:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Odyssey Batteries

tjkj2002 wrote:
macgyver wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
What's your opinions of them? Don't hesitate,just need some info from actual users and not some sales site or reviews(which I never believe anyways).


The best battery you can buy. I have several of them. If you are using solar, then Lifeline battery is better, but for vehicles Odyssey is best
Thanks,that was what I was hoping for.I was kinda leary from the "military" speced part.


Another way to go is the sears die hard platinum P-1 it's a rebadged Odyssey battery with a full 4 year replacement warranty, 100 month pro-rate. YOu can get it at most sears across the country :)

Author:  calamaridog [ Mon May 18, 2009 6:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Odyssey batteries are exceptional. As a matter of fact, many of the desert racing trucks I have seen are running them. If you only have room for one battery, the Odyssey would be my pick, as it combines high CCA AND amp hours in one package.

I'm planning on getting the Sears Platinum (made by Odyssey) and try in out soon.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/