| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Second Keyed 12v outlet for my CRD? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=42970 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | painemann [ Thu May 07, 2009 8:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Second Keyed 12v outlet for my CRD? |
My 05 CRD has the one 12v outlet under the the heater controls that has constant power from the battery. I like having the constant power but I also want to have a keyed 12 outlet and would like a second one anyway. Where should I get the power from? I was thinking off the radio but that might not be a good place to steal the power from. Any advice? I got a nice outlet but its not the kind that I want, I want one that you just drill out the hole and use a nut (or alike) behind a dash panel, any ideas of where I can find a good one? thanks!! |
|
| Author: | CRDMiller [ Tue May 12, 2009 2:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Add a relay and draw relay trigger off of some other acessory. (fuse it) This is the only way do do it. (properly) |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Tue May 12, 2009 9:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've hidden two behind the dash for my iPod cable and Sirius radio. I tagged the radio wire for both. |
|
| Author: | darren/wayne [ Tue May 12, 2009 11:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
We added two (one on each side of the center console. Too many cell phones, laptop, etc for just one. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Wed May 13, 2009 2:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
JL Rockies wrote: I've hidden two behind the dash for my iPod cable and Sirius radio. I tagged the radio wire for both.
non-integrated satellite radio is SOOOOOOOOO 2002... |
|
| Author: | nzoliver [ Thu May 14, 2009 5:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hi all, Mine came with 2. One a switched cigarette lighter (switched - used for my radar detector) and one unswitched. Might be an export vehicle thing. |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Fri May 15, 2009 6:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
ThunderbirdJunkie wrote: JL Rockies wrote: I've hidden two behind the dash for my iPod cable and Sirius radio. I tagged the radio wire for both. non-integrated satellite radio is SOOOOOOOOO 2002... I have my sat radio, Garmin GPS, iPhone and video system all integrated through a CleanSweep SES switcher and a Peripheral PX/DX into the aux input of the factory stereo. There aren't many who are more integrated than me. In fact, I have a blackbelt in OEM integration. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|