| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| hella 500 supply wire/switch http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=43408 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Thu May 21, 2009 9:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | hella 500 supply wire/switch |
I'm wiring up my Hella 500 lights. Got everything wired up, except for the supply wire on the switch (green wire). I need a 12v source to tap into. Also, what did you use as a grounding point for the relay? |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Thu May 21, 2009 10:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The supply voltage wire should be connected to the batt. Didn't the kit come with a relay? If you don't want to drill metal for ground, you can connect the ground to the batt as long as you're going that way. |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Using this diagram, says I should tap it into the brights. Yes I am using a relay.
|
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Fri May 22, 2009 12:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yup that's what I did. The supply wire still needs to go to the BATT though the high beam is the trigger for the relay. |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Fri May 22, 2009 8:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I would like to be able to use the Hellas without turning on my brights, so I don't want to splice into my headlights. Whats other options are there?? |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Fri May 22, 2009 4:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
just connect the green wire to the battery also |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Fri May 22, 2009 8:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Success!! Got them wired up and tested them. But, had to take them out because I am waiting for my ARB bumper, plus I haven't grounded my switch yet. Pictures to come sometime next week. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|