| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| H4 headlight bulbs? *Updated* Hella High Wattage? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=44070 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | VoodooMann [ Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | H4 headlight bulbs? *Updated* Hella High Wattage? |
I know Im not imagining this, I specifically remember someone saying they were running H4 headlight bulbs via a small modification. I was going to look into doing this to throw some more light down the road, but i have been searching for info/howto on this mod for over an hour now. Also, Has anyone tried to run the Hella Off-Road/High Wattage bulbs (100/80w) In their Headlights. Anybody think the heat might melt the wiring harness/housing? |
|
| Author: | ChileanKJ [ Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have H4 from the Factory |
|
| Author: | VoodooMann [ Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
hmmmm |
|
| Author: | dirt pig [ Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've just upgraded the OEM (9007QL, I think !) with Philips Diamond Vision H4's. Much brighter, white light with a blue hue. No yellowness at all. only these are 60/55watt. Still, a huge difference in brightness, almost HID No modification was required at all !! |
|
| Author: | LibertyFever [ Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Okay, if you upgrade to a higher wattage bulb in your stock headlamps the first thing you need to concern yourself with is the legality. Depending on your state/provincial laws they might not be legal (too much candlepower). Then I'd be concerned about melting the housing. The wiring harness should be protected by a circuit breaker but the connections may fail over time. I've read articles about upgrading the wiring harness's of a TJ but that's only if you're not getting enough power to the lights. I recommend you get a pair of Hella700FF's for the bumper and put in a pair of 100W bulbs. |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I run 4000K Silver Stars and they provide great light output. I run Phillips Vison Plus 4000K in my cars in Europe and they are great as well. If you need more light then I suggest using extra lighting, off road-up high, on road-down loaw to prevent blinding other drivers and tighter beam pattern. |
|
| Author: | Ryan09 [ Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: H4 headlight bulbs? *Updated* Hella High Wattage? |
VoodooMann wrote: I know Im not imagining this, I specifically remember someone saying they were running H4 headlight bulbs via a small modification.
I was going to look into doing this to throw some more light down the road, but i have been searching for info/howto on this mod for over an hour now. Also, Has anyone tried to run the Hella Off-Road/High Wattage bulbs (100/80w) In their Headlights. Anybody think the heat might melt the wiring harness/housing? I run Hella 100/80 watt bulbs. Just add a relay with your High beam and the bulbs get all the power they need. Nice and bright. Go over to KJ Country and look up: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39376 And I have more in boxes. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|