LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Driver side passenger window question
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=44660
Page 1 of 1

Author:  TexasRock [ Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Driver side passenger window question

It won't roll up or down. You can hear the electric motor running (well, at least its making noise), but the window won't move. It slides down if I don't have is held up with some cardboard "wedges" in the window trim. I have an appt to get it fixed but I was hoping we could figure it out here and I'd do it myself.

Thank you in advance!!

Keith

Author:  Mike08Liberty [ Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Chances are if you still hear the motor but nothing is happening it fell off the tracks.

Author:  daspes [ Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Regulator went. Commonly (i.e. always) the cable breaks at the plastic trim pice where it connects to the window.

Result, Windo falls, and the motor just runs since it is no longer connected to the window...

Repair, dealer visit for the part (they redit the syle of connection, they used to be about $75, not sure of the new cost), dealer does the repair (about $400), or there is a write up on repairing it yourself in the Tech section I believe...

Welcome to the club.

Author:  Mike08Liberty [ Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

warranty?

Author:  daspes [ Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mike08Liberty wrote:
warranty?

He has an '06 so it may still be under the 3/36, depends on his milage.

Author:  TexasRock [ Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mileage is 38K... so that's out the window.

I may buy the part and fix it myself.

Thank you all for the replies.

Keith

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/