| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| How do I wire a 4 CH amp to power 4 speakers and a sub? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=44993 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | lilblkblt04 [ Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | How do I wire a 4 CH amp to power 4 speakers and a sub? |
Alright so its a 2004 Liberty with a Pioneer DEH-P4100UB head unit, (4) Alpine Type R Speakers (SPR-17c) and a Alpine MRP-F600 4ch Amp. The speakers are 100W RMS and the amplifier is 100W RMS x 4 at 4ohm. I just got the amp installed the other day and holy cow it sounds crazy. Very clean, very loud and very crisp. Some songs you would think I have a sub in there somewhere but I dont. Now I found a great deal on a Alpine type S subwoofer that is 250w rms. How would I wire my 4ch amp to power all this up. The highs and mids on the speakers without a amp are great so even if they get 50w rms it'll be plenty for the highs and mids. Thanks, Ryan |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
You'll lose fader control between the front and rear satellites but wire them parallel to the front channels (L&R) and bridge the rear channels to the sub (as the manufacturer recommends). Usually it's L+ and R- to create a single mono output for sub. It's probably labeled on the amp or outlined in the owners manual. |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Many people like loud rear speakers but if you want a good front stage and rear fill, you might have to add some ceramic resistors to the rear channel to quiet them down a bit. |
|
| Author: | E2 [ Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yeah why not get a mono amp? a crossover would allow u to control sound levels and gain |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Save your money and buy another amp to run your sub with. Don't cut cornerss you are almost there. |
|
| Author: | E2 [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Go for it make it work buy that amp and crossover and tune it. Its not for me in this truck thou I do miss my $4000 stereo that could hit 143 db |
|
| Author: | stumpjumper_09 [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm with E2 on this one. don't stop when your this close. I too had a high end audio system at one time. 147db in a regular cab Dakota without porting to the box. Not quite $4000 because I did all the fiberglass myself. |
|
| Author: | stumpjumper_09 [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I personally would recommend the Alpine Model: MRP-M500. Being a class D it will run more efficiently. Half the power for twice the output. |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
OK since everyone is bragging in here, 143.5db 1-2 sub 0-300 watt class German DB Drag circuit 1999. Less than $1500 investment. I know a little bit about doing everything with nothing. I am no expert but I have been installing for 25 years and stick mainly to show vehicles for manufacturers. We did the Jeep Wrangler for Infinity of Harmon Industries Germany. My job is wiring and SQ Check. I am not a pro but I have worked on some nice stuff that ened up in several shows and tours. |
|
| Author: | E2 [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Bragging would be this I hit 143.7 with my (2) 12 inch comp kickers with only 100 watts. I guess the $4000 has been over the years replacing amps, head units, speakers and adding a crossover. Nice to hear about over people's installs but none in the KK yet?? |
|
| Author: | stumpjumper_09 [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I did mine with 2 of the origional Kicker solo baric 10's and Kicker 1000.1 amps |
|
| Author: | jinstall [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
E2 wrote: Bragging would be this I hit 143.7 with my (2) 12 inch comp kickers with only 100 watts. I guess the $4000 has been over the years replacing amps, head units, speakers and adding a crossover. Nice to hear about over people's installs but none in the KK yet??
KK is not offered with a CRD in the US, so I had no interest, I stayed with the KJ. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|