LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

I pod Aux
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=45004
Page 1 of 1

Author:  PoorMtnKid [ Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  I pod Aux

Is there any way that we can use an Ipod on the stock stero? If possible I dont want to use one of the ones that you tune it to a certin station the sound quality is weak. I want to be able to plug it strait into the deck some how?

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

at worst, you can get one of the soft corded lighter plug powered FM transmitters that also has a soft cord to the IPOD

I need to upgrade to one of those =\

the one i have is the kind that has the plastic arm that plugs into the power port, and then the ipod sits on it like a docking station

worked great in my last vehicle but not so great in my KJ

Author:  jinstall [ Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yes theee are mahy that you can but that plug into the facotry CD changer plug on th eback of the radio. They are worth the money and the time to install them. No FM tranmitter will even come close and they will not charge your iPod either.

Author:  PoorMtnKid [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:31 am ]
Post subject: 

a friend of mine said as long as I can get a male plug that has the red and white for the stero and has a 3mm on the end thats all I would need. I really dont care to change the songs on the deck the I pod is just as easy. Is that true

Author:  wheeee32 [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

I know you can get the integration kit from Chrysler that allows you to connect to the stock stereo and charge your iPod at the same time.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

not to count beans or anything because those kits that plug into the back sound really nice

but my fm transmitter charges my ipod just fine?

i think it depends on the model transmitter

Author:  PoorMtnKid [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
not to count beans or anything because those kits that plug into the back sound really nice

but my fm transmitter charges my ipod just fine?

i think it depends on the model transmitter


All the FM transmitters I have ever encounted are just crapy quality. You can hear static. What about yours? what brand do you have and do you have a link?

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

it's a fairly old Roadtrip the type with the solid adjustable arm instead of the flexible cord

i flip between 2 different freqs depending on where I'm at, if im up north i use one, if im in NC or south i use the other, other than that, no static what so ever

Author:  tumanator [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

here's my .02, those adapter kits to hook up an ipod to the stock head unit are way overpriced. Honestly for 20 - 50 dollars more than the adapter setup you can get a pretty decent HU. Of course there's always e-bay and what not where you may be able to get one cheap. Either way you go the sound quality and charge ability is a nice perk if you can hook it up instead of going the FM route.

Author:  lj0913 [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

I agree with getting one that plugs back into the back of the stock radio. I got this for my 04, and I can tune it using the radio. It also charges the iPod, which I leave in the glove box.

http://www.icarkits.com/product_info.ph ... ts_id=3354

Author:  tumanator [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

just to piggyback that....for only 30 bucks more

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX693/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X693.html?tp=5684

hopefully you see my point, I'm not saying the stock kit isn't good, but if your gonna upgrade you might as well do it right. :D

Author:  PoorMtnKid [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

what about this
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... ustRatings

To me it seems like it would work but i never seen the back of the stock HU. But as long as it takes the RCA show in the picture and I can plug that 3mm plug in to the i pod it should work right?

Author:  tumanator [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

ok someone else is gonna have to jump in here to finish this, there are 6 models of radio's (I belive) used in the jeeps, the cd (RAH), cd (RBK), cd/cassette (RBB), cd/cassette (RBK), 6disk cd (RBQ), and the navigation (RB4). Now maybe if you have the navigation HU or perhaps the 6disk changer there may be RCA ports but I know for a fact the two CD player HU's don't. I can't vouch for the cd/cassette ones as they do have changer controls as well, but you'd have to look into it.

I also don't know if that would work because you'd have to hook up the AUX through the 6disk input and I don't know if the HU would understand the signal, but if the RCA ports are they I believe it should (just can't say for sure)

Author:  PoorMtnKid [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well I know I have the 6 disc with satalite. I was reading around on how people used the intergation kits or whatever they are called and they have to either get rid of the cd or satalite. I dont use the satalite becasue I think its just as crappy as the radio so if the satalite just plugs into the HU by RCA I would get rid of that and just plug in the RCA's from this new cord. Iam off friday so Iam gonig to take it apart and look at the back of the radio unless someone else can chime and give me a for sure or not. Either way those wires are only 20 bucks its worth the try

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/