It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: eBay Foglights - do they fit and work?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 100
Location: San Diego, California
Alright so I lost both of the fog light housing things on my 04 Liberty. The black piece with horizontal lines.

So with those two ugly holes I was thinking of putting fog lights in there but I want them to fill out the hole thing, not just any fog light. Do any of those eBay ones fit and work?

I really don't care if they are bright or last long, I have 6 Hella's for brightness. If they fit and produce some light then it's good enough for me.

What do you guys have out there.

Thanks

Ryan

_________________
04 Liberty Sport 4x4;
3.7L V-6
Amsoil Filter
Rusty's 2.5in Lift
Lund Air Deflector
Hella 500 Series Lights (6)
Sirius Sat. Radio; Garmin GPS System
Amer. Racing ATX Chamber w/Teflon; Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 265/70/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:38 am
Posts: 227
Location: Jacksonville, Illinois
If you watch what you buy there is no reason lights bought of eBay shouldn't work.
Check out Snappylights. They've got a bunch of different stuff and will mix and match for you.
I sent the guy a pm asking about something particular and got a response back in 5 minutes.
Check em out.
No, snappy isn't paying me to say this. lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 356
Location: New Hartford, NY
I happen to have a couple of those "black pieces with the horizontal lines" sitting in a box if you want them. Brand new. :wink:

_________________
2002 KJ Sport 4x4, 3.7L NV3550
Cardomain Page
http://www.cnyjeep.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:18 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
The '02-'04 fog light holes are not round in a KJ so a round fog lamp will look funny.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 100
Location: San Diego, California
tjkj2002 wrote:
The '02-'04 fog light holes are not round in a KJ so a round fog lamp will look funny.


Yea thats why I was looking at something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-LIBERTY-02-03-04-PROJECTOR-FOG-LIGHTS-HALO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem5d24f77859QQitemZ400052156505QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories. It looks like it has the correct shape and size and I'd rather spend money on those than black plastic stuff that does nothing.

Prospect62, I might take you up on that offer later if I can't find a good deal on fitting fog lights.

Ryan

_________________
04 Liberty Sport 4x4;
3.7L V-6
Amsoil Filter
Rusty's 2.5in Lift
Lund Air Deflector
Hella 500 Series Lights (6)
Sirius Sat. Radio; Garmin GPS System
Amer. Racing ATX Chamber w/Teflon; Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 265/70/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
86 bucks each and you can not tell what they look like, not a good deal .
heck I sold my bumper with original lights in it yet for 60 or 65

check around :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Last edited by tommudd on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 100
Location: San Diego, California
Do you think I could just get two of the OEM replacement lights and make my own wiring harness? They are going to go to their own switch so I can't see how hard it would be to make my own harness.

Ryan

_________________
04 Liberty Sport 4x4;
3.7L V-6
Amsoil Filter
Rusty's 2.5in Lift
Lund Air Deflector
Hella 500 Series Lights (6)
Sirius Sat. Radio; Garmin GPS System
Amer. Racing ATX Chamber w/Teflon; Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 265/70/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
lilblkblt04 wrote:
Do you think I could just get two of the OEM replacement lights and make my own wiring harness? They are going to go to their own switch so I can't see how hard it would be to make my own harness.

Ryan
All included.................

http://jparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=48&osCsid=065323da2b175c122096f568c4e10a46


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:34 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 100
Location: San Diego, California
tjkj2002 wrote:
lilblkblt04 wrote:
Do you think I could just get two of the OEM replacement lights and make my own wiring harness? They are going to go to their own switch so I can't see how hard it would be to make my own harness.

Ryan
All included.................

http://jparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=48&osCsid=065323da2b175c122096f568c4e10a46


I meant just he light and housing...people are selling those on eBay all the time for like $40 a piece and I think to wire it up would only cost like $20 tops.

I'm a college student and I don't have money growing on trees so cheaper the better.

Ryan

_________________
04 Liberty Sport 4x4;
3.7L V-6
Amsoil Filter
Rusty's 2.5in Lift
Lund Air Deflector
Hella 500 Series Lights (6)
Sirius Sat. Radio; Garmin GPS System
Amer. Racing ATX Chamber w/Teflon; Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 265/70/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:05 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:46 pm
Posts: 507
Location: Boone, NC / Charleston, SC
This might be a dumb idea, because I don't know how the 02-04 bumpers look when they are trimmed, but I like the look of a trimmed bumper.

The only way I have seen the 02-04 bumpers trimmed is with those 2 holes cut out. And I personally don't like that specific look. Is there anyway else to trim it? Or are you looking to keep it how it is?

Also, that mod is FREE :P

_________________
2005 Patriot Blue Sport 3.7L 4WD
Alpine Headunit/2 12" Kenwood Subs/620 Watt Power Acoustik Amp
Teenage Driving/K&N Drop-In/MOPAR Tow Hooks & Skids/Debadged
BDS Coils/BDS 5500 Shocks/15x8 Cragar Soft 8's/31x10.5xR15 MTR
Teraflex Bumpstops/Rear Bumpstops/Trimmed Bumper

http://murphyman1.mybrute.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:30 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
lilblkblt04 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
lilblkblt04 wrote:
Do you think I could just get two of the OEM replacement lights and make my own wiring harness? They are going to go to their own switch so I can't see how hard it would be to make my own harness.

Ryan
All included.................

http://jparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=48&osCsid=065323da2b175c122096f568c4e10a46


I meant just he light and housing...people are selling those on eBay all the time for like $40 a piece and I think to wire it up would only cost like $20 tops.

I'm a college student and I don't have money growing on trees so cheaper the better.

Ryan
You wanted to spend $172(+ $34 S/H) for HID housings only and then more $$$ to wire them in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 100
Location: San Diego, California
tjkj2002 wrote:
You wanted to spend $172(+ $34 S/H) for HID housings only and then more $$$ to wire them in.


When did I say that?

_________________
04 Liberty Sport 4x4;
3.7L V-6
Amsoil Filter
Rusty's 2.5in Lift
Lund Air Deflector
Hella 500 Series Lights (6)
Sirius Sat. Radio; Garmin GPS System
Amer. Racing ATX Chamber w/Teflon; Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 265/70/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:57 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
lilblkblt04 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
You wanted to spend $172(+ $34 S/H) for HID housings only and then more $$$ to wire them in.


When did I say that?
Here...............................

Quote:
lilblkblt04

Yea thats why I was looking at something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-LIB ... ccessories. It looks like it has the correct shape and size and I'd rather spend money on those than black plastic stuff that does nothing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:11 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 100
Location: San Diego, California
Well those are only $86 for the pair and $17 s+h. And I said something like those...I didn't say I was going to buy those.

_________________
04 Liberty Sport 4x4;
3.7L V-6
Amsoil Filter
Rusty's 2.5in Lift
Lund Air Deflector
Hella 500 Series Lights (6)
Sirius Sat. Radio; Garmin GPS System
Amer. Racing ATX Chamber w/Teflon; Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 265/70/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:45 am 
tommudd wrote:
86 bucks each and you can not tell what they look like, not a good deal .
heck I sold my bumper with original lights in it yet for 60 or 65

check around :wink:


What idiot took you up on that offer :lol:

ThunderbirdJunkie sez:

Get the OE foglight kit. Comes with the MF switch, wiring, and two lights for like 200 bones.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com