LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

LED license plate light
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=45462
Page 1 of 1

Author:  riptricket [ Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:19 am ]
Post subject:  LED license plate light

Does anyone know if I can replace the light in my RL provided Relocated License Plate Light with an LED?

Or should I just get a new housing with an led in it?

Because it is not staying on, and I know that it is not my wiring because I just redid it all. You have to tap the bulb inside the housing inorder for it to work.

Thanks

anyone???

Author:  riptricket [ Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Okay... so no one has responded... what could be wrong with it?
Can the leads of where the light connects be rusted or anything?

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:04 am ]
Post subject: 

I would just buy a regular LED one, I have a copy that are nice and bright.

Your bulb may have a broken filament, hit it and it works until you hit a bump and it bounces away :?

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:11 am ]
Post subject: 

autozone has a led light that i used for mine, just bolts on with the licence plate

Author:  riptricket [ Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:24 am ]
Post subject: 

What about this... bad booty lookin eh?
http://www.amazon.com/LED-License-Plate-Light-Strip/dp/B0013NJX7Y/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_1

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:14 am ]
Post subject: 

that's what i bought from autozone

and i think it was 5 bucks cheeper there too :P

Author:  riptricket [ Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

nothing at pepboys

Author:  riptricket [ Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
that's what i bought from autozone

and i think it was 5 bucks cheeper there too :P


got any pics?

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

Image

Image

Author:  riptricket [ Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

yeah... i just went to autozone and got the same thing... before seeing your message! $15 though

Author:  riptricket [ Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just got it installed and I will have pictures tonight!

Author:  riptricket [ Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:48 am ]
Post subject: 

Pics...
Image
Image
Image

Yeah It's LED and they are BRIGHT!!!

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:25 am ]
Post subject: 

yup, bright they are ;) makes it pretty easy to find anything you dropped on the ground behind your jeep at night

Author:  riptricket [ Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:06 am ]
Post subject: 

yeah, as I was driving I would look out the side view mirrors and see the white lines!

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

haha

i can only do that if my windows are down, tint on my windows kills alot of the rear lightning

but yeah, makes ya kinda hard to miss at night :P

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/